When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New To Vintage Tricycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Turtlespeeder

On Training Wheels
Today was a first, picked up an old Western flyer. Can anyone point me towards a manufacture year or name, etc?
a06e4e928fb129863e8094796c5be8e1.jpg

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is a 1960s Murray tricycle sold through Western Auto with their Western Flyer brand name. Apparently the rear tires must have worn out and someone substituted lawn mower wheels and tires in their place. I've seen NOS Murray style replacement wheels listed on ebay frequently if you ever wanted to make it look original again.

Dave

I'd like to get some rear wheels, either nos or repop's or just some period looking wheels. I'd also like to replace the front rubber, is it hard to do? I already have it torn down and ready for the sandblaster and the chrome tanks.

93b8c3bb44741ed2f088e055987763d5.jpg

Did these trikes ever have a model name? Or were they just sold under the manufacturer name?

I don't believe Murray used model names on their tricycles, at least not what I've seen of their 1950s and later models. Looks like a 12x1.75 front tire size. You could check here on the CABE with a "wanted" post in that forum for a replacement tire and rear wheels. You need to heat up the tires with scalding hot to boiling water to make them pliable enough to stretch onto the rim. I've done it successfully by leaving the tire outside on a very hot Summer day for a few hours, but it still wasn't as pliable as the hot water method. Here's a page you might enjoy checking out - http://www.tricyclefetish.com/murray.php

Dave

Back