When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New toys

-
With vertical badge holes, the Columbia may have been badged a Goodyear Highway Patrol. There's a post here with a big close up pic of the badge. Here's a pic of a '58. Also, the bell in most of those tanks is really loud!

58-columbia-torpedo.jpg

With vertical badge holes, the Columbia may have been badged a Goodyear Highway Patrol. There's a post here with a big close up pic of the badge. Here's a pic of a '58. Also, the bell in most of those tanks is really loud!

View attachment 1340096
I know as I have a tank I didn't realize was for a girls bike & I often would ring it to annoy my now ex gf. My pitbully would wake up from a dead snoring sleep like o_O. I'll probably end up trying to sell it here or use the bell it's self on a build.

View attachment 1340096
This picture is how I think it looked originally. I found blue paint about this shade under the red house paint. The fenders are trimmed in the same white i think. Same chain guard. Neat to learn how it started life. Now I know what the tank looks like. If I don't find one I can show a metal shop what I want.

This picture is how I think it looked originally. I found blue paint about this shade under the red house paint. The fenders are trimmed in the same white i think. Same chain guard. Neat to learn how it started life. Now I know what the tank looks like. If I don't find one I can show a metal shop what I want.
I can sell you a tank & the bell I was talking about. 1 side of the tank has been stripped, primed & painted black. The other 1/2 is half sanded down & blue'ish seafoam green'ish colored. I can take full pics tomorrow but here

Back