When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New toys

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just picked up these two bikes. They were advertised as both being Schwinn's. One is definitely a schwinn. It still has the badge on it. The other I have no idea. The badge is gone and the rivets are closer together where it would have been than on the other one. I sanded the bottom of the crank housing but there are no numbers. I sanded the head tube where the numbers are on the one I know is a schwinn and nothing there either. Being new to classic bikes I don't know where else to look. Would love to know the age and make of both. I know the pedals on the schwinn aren't original. Also the tires on the one are the skinniest I have ever seen. They are too rotted to tell the size. Next question, could I put balloon tires on those rims? Doesn't look like they would work. May have to make two post to upload all the pics. I paid$160 for the pair and the guy threw in 3 baskets. One rear and two front. Hope I didn't overpay. Didn't see that the frame on the schwinn is cracked until I got home and flipped it over. Looks like it was full of water and froze. Hope it can be welded up. Thanks for any help.

View attachment 1337651

View attachment 1337652

View attachment 1337653

View attachment 1337654

View attachment 1337655

View attachment 1337656

View attachment 1337657

View attachment 1337658

View attachment 1337659

View attachment 1337660

View attachment 1337661

IMO, you paid $150 too much...................LOL

Awesome as it fills some of my wants. I wanted to build a bike but wanted 3 things. 1. It must be older than me. 2. Camouflaged. 3. Have enough room in baskets for my fishing poles and tackle box. It will be a rat rod style. Plan to add a motor next summer. But first I need to get it rideable.

Schwinn update: Sn# CM534977. C=March, M= 1976, 534977. So if I read the schwinn sn# reference right it was the 535977th bike built in March 1976.. I need to go search the for sale section for parts.

May I ask how they work? This is my first Columbia bike. Also would any one know what head badge and decals would be correct? How to determine the exact model and wether or not it would have had a tank? Fixing to strip the front fender to look for headlight mounting holes.

Thanks for moving my thread to the appropriate forum. I sure don't know how to. I can see Im green as grass when it comes to bikes but everyone has to learn somehow. The rear rim has a Perry coaster brake arm. So would I be correct to assume that it's a Perry rim? It says Perry, followed by 2stars. Under Perry it says England. Under the stars is the number B100. The tires are 26× 1.175. I plan to try and squeeze some 2.25 tires on it. Think I can pull it off.

Thanks for moving my thread to the appropriate forum. I sure don't know how to. I can see Im green as grass when it comes to bikes but everyone has to learn somehow. The rear rim has a Perry coaster brake arm. So would I be correct to assume that it's a Perry rim? It says Perry, followed by 2stars. Under Perry it says England. Under the stars is the number B100. The tires are 26× 1.175. I plan to try and squeeze some 2.25 tires on it. Think I can pull it off.
According to Columbia's web site, sn# D5000-D156044 designates 1939. That said, the question becomes did they ever recycle sn#s? The only D s.n.# I found are from 1939. Their records of s.n#s stop at 1972. Still don't have a clue what model it is. Just a little something I found out.

The Columbia is a late 50s as has been said--not a prewar bike for sure. As a general rule I stay away from girls bikes. I see $50 tops on a really good day for the pair. At this point you're all in so just have fun but realize there is no return on any money spent here. V/r Shawn

Back