When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New toys

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I figure about $700 dollars from now I will be done. Never will get more than maybe $50 for the pair but if I rebuild them they're keepers. My wife wants the schwinn so I can't get rid of it without being in trouble. The Columbia is growing on me by the minute.lol I hope no one freaks out when I paint it camoflauge and flat black.

Would a girl's bike from that time period have a tank? Will probably put one on it if I find one that I can make work.

Would a girl's bike from that time period have a tank? Will probably put one on it if I find one that I can make work.
The Schwinn-no, the Columbia-yes V/r Shawn

Cool need a place to store odds and ends like fish bait or tackle. What concerns me is 1. I have no reason to doubt the oppinon I received on here that it's a Columbia from the mid to late 50s. But all the pics I've seen show one or two post between the frame pipes. Mine doesn't have them. 2. The rivets where the badge was are 11/8" apart up and down. I have found no badges of any make that small. Some of the chain guards I've seen from that era look identical to mine, but I haven't found the first frame like mine. This makes me think A. It's a Columbia made by someone other than westfield. B. It's put together with a bunch of parts from several bikes. C. I really don't know nuthin about nuthin when it comes to identifying old bikes with no name. And I don't. What would be a hint as to what model it is, i.e. typhoon Wich I think is a schwinn model name, or whatever. Just want to get parts that I know for a fact will fit. P.s. the wife stole my schwinn. Oh well you loose some and then loose some more.

The tank for these does not have a door and isn't a storage compartment. You would have to unscrew it each time to get stuff in or out.
A. Columbia was only made by Westfield--at least in the balloon tire/middleweight era. The bike may have been badged as something else. Columbia was the in-house brand of Westfield but as seen above they also made bikes for other retailers e.g. Goodyear
B. The only parts I don't think are original are maybe the seat and the pedals
C. If this was a base model, which it appears to be, then it may not have had a model name on it @MrColumbia may be able to answer this better.

V/r Shawn

Thanks Shawn. I intend to really mod this puppy out. Springer fork if possible. I thought if I found a tank that fit I would cut a door in one side if for nothing else to hide my bike money from she who wants to know how much I just spent. Undecided but thought maybe a3 speed back tire. Just kicking ideas around in my head. But know for sure a camoflauge paint job. Since I am keeping it not ever going to sell, I see no harm in making it however I do.

Side note any ideas when they started putting the locker tabs on front tires and since it doesn't have them should I drill holes for them? Don't really want to if I can avoid it.

Side note any ideas when they started putting the locker tabs on front tires and since it doesn't have them should I drill holes for them? Don't really want to if I can avoid it.
you mean these?
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

they started somewhere in the early 1970s i think.
no need to install them if they're not already there.
simply a safety feature in case the axle nuts are not tightened properly.

I figure bikes have been around for over a hundred years before the government mandatory safety stuff. Shoot I may not even put brakes on it. I don't believe in brakes. They just slow you down. Lol

Back