When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New winter project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sykerocker

Look Ma, No Hands!
My subdivision had a neighborhood wide yard sale today, so Margaret and I did a little moseying around. And I came up with something worthwhile: A 1955 Royal Enfield 3-speed.

Since the fire last November I've gotten the garage rebuilt, redone the interior, assembled a functioning workshop, replaced 80% of my regular tools and about 50% of the bicycle specific ones. Completing that side is just a matter of a few more months. What's killed my bike work is the loss of my parts department. So I've been looking for something reasonably complete to work on and I think I've found it.

Other than a replaced (and wrong) front brake caliper & lever, later replacement handgrips, and the mounting tab on the front fender being snapped off, everything on this bike seems to be original and in decent condition. Asking price was $20.00, which I acquiesced to, quickly. The frame is one size smaller than comfortable for me, although that means Margaret would be able to ride it on the rare occasions she goes out with me on neighborhood rides. It's in storage in the bike barn for the moment and I'll probably start pulling a few bit and pieces off and refurbishing them starting next month.

IMG_0291.jpeg

IMG_0292.jpeg

IMG_0293.jpeg

IMG_0294.jpeg

IMG_0295.jpeg
IMG_0296.jpeg

My subdivision had a neighborhood wide yard sale today, so Margaret and I did a little moseying around. And I came up with something worthwhile: A 1955 Royal Enfield 3-speed.

Since the fire last November I've gotten the garage rebuilt, redone the interior, assembled a functioning workshop, replaced 80% of my regular tools and about 50% of the bicycle specific ones. Completing that side is just a matter of a few more months. What's killed my bike work is the loss of my parts department. So I've been looking for something reasonably complete to work on and I think I've found it.

Other than a replaced (and wrong) front brake caliper & lever, later replacement handgrips, and the mounting tab on the front fender being snapped off, everything on this bike seems to be original and in decent condition. Asking price was $20.00, which I acquiesced to, quickly. The frame is one size smaller than comfortable for me, although that means Margaret would be able to ride it on the rare occasions she goes out with me on neighborhood rides. It's in storage in the bike barn for the moment and I'll probably start pulling a few bit and pieces off and refurbishing them starting next month.

View attachment 1270041
View attachment 1270042
View attachment 1270043
View attachment 1270044
View attachment 1270045View attachment 1270046
I just got a cousin to this ride yesterday as a curb find! '65 Humber Sports 3sp SA hub. This will be a winter project for me as well. Looking forward to pics.

Here's a pic of my curb find. My first multi-speed bike to tinker with!

20201019_112254.jpg

View attachment 1270041
View attachment 1270042
View attachment 1270043
View attachment 1270044
View attachment 1270045View attachment 1270046
Beautiful bike! You don't see these every day!

Back