When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie bike restorer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dbarlet2

On Training Wheels
I inherited a 1930's Roadmaster 26 in bike from my father's estate. I am interested in possibly restoring it but first need to know based on attached photos is is a good idea. The bike was new to my dad in the late 1930's. All components except headlight and luggage rack are here. It has a 3 gill tank. Not sure of exact year of manufacture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 272
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 267
Welcome to the CABE. How about a photo of the head badge. And the serial number. That will help to pin point the year. Catfish

The answer to the question really depends upon your intentions. Do you intend to keep it as an heirloom or are you looking to sell it down the line? To restore this bike properly will easily be over $2k. If you want to keep it as an heirloom then this may justify the expenditure but if to sell it would not be economically feasible. V/r Shawn

Welcome to the CABE. How about a photo of the head badge. And the serial number. That will help to pin point the year. Catfish
If you post the info catfish said someone will post some photos of a bike like your dad's .Nice that your bike still has the original tank. Anything that is missing on your dad's bike can easily be found here on the CABE.
Get that bike back on the road and it may open up a whole new chapter in your life, as it has for all of us.
A nice way to remember pops too.:)

Flipped them for you.
attachment.php (2).jpg

attachment.php.jpg

Would like to see close up of the head badge and the serial #

Seat it late 60's maybe early 70's. Nice tank.....no chain guard. Restorable. I'd try to do it yourself. Clean up the metal parts. Maybe strip off the paint and redo the parts or sometimes super fine steel wool and rubbing compound can bring back the original paint job. Practice with a spray can on some other scrap metal..get good at it. Get the proper missing parts here. New tires maybe. Save lots of $$$$ doing it yourself. That's how I started out. Most bikes were just labor intensive with some investment in correct parts. Lots of chrome and nickle parts can be shined up with fine steel wool and rubbing compound and I use Krylon paint when doing paint jobs. Here is an example of what I'm talking about. This bike was done with many hours of elbow grease and I'd say I have about $500 in parts and paint.

Don

Attachments

• DSCN0491.jpg
    DSCN0491.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Great looking bike! This will be my winter project started removing pint to find serial number for another response I had received and realized it may not be as difficult as I imagined

Roadmaster bike

Catfish here is photo of head badge and also serial number. The serial number is: H78440 and below this is another set:76

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 137
Roadmaster bike

Catfish here is photo of head badge and also serial number. The serial number is: H78440 and below this is another set:76

Back