When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie Here

• Thread starter Time Master Tim
  • Start date
#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
T

Time Master Tim

I just found out about this forum vie another forum so bear with me. I`ve been collecting and fixin up old bikes for years (mainly 50`s to 70`s Schwinns). I`ve recently got a Very Old bike from a friend that I can`t identify it didn`t have a headbadge or any lettering on the frame. The wheels were disposed of unfortunatly by the guy I got it from but they were 28" wooden wheels. I`m going to try to post the pictures of it along with the serial number. Any help would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• Bike Parts - Iden&#.jpg
    Bike Parts - Iden&#.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 52
    Bike Parts - Iden&#.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 57
    Bike Parts - Iden&#.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 73
    Bike Parts - Iden&#.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 56
Cool frame, Tim! The problem with bikes from this era is that they're very hard to tell apart from each other! There's very little information about them besides old ads. Someone here may have an identical frame or bike with a badge, that would be your best bet on figuring it out!

I'm defenetly not an expert but I would guess about 30's just based on mine.

It did have 28 in wood rims. The guy I got it from tossed them,he said they were soft and thought they were rotted steel (he`s just a kid and didn`t know any better) He did give me a new set of tires and tubes 28x1 1/2 (which I thought was a little weird) Does the serial number give any hints as to the year or not really?
Tim

by the looks of the fork it might be a hawthorn since they have a 2pc truss setup. mark motobikes go back into the teens.

So it should have truss rods? But they don`t attach to the top of the fork?
I`m confused.
Tim

Back