When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie. I Just Got This Bike From My Dad's And Wanted Advice About What To Do Or It To Do.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

moerlien

On Training Wheels
I just wanted some general advice before I take on this project. I want to get advice on how much does it cost to restore a bike in this condition and any suggestions you could give me. I've partially restored a car, but I know this is a difference animal and don't want to make any assumptions.

image.jpeg

If you really want that bike to shine, take it apart and dip the chrome parts in an oxalic acid solution to remove the rust followed by #0000 steel wool ( kiddy plastic pool works great). You may have to use clear coat remover on the frame. Don't dip the tank or rack in the bath; remove rust gently by using WD40 and#0000 steel wool. Lastly, buff the entire bike with buffing compound, rag, and elbow grease. Regarding the plastic pieces, just wash with detegent and very gently buff them out.
Enjoy,
JG

If the front light assembly is all there in good shape you should remove that and send it to me. LOLololol. JK, as the others said clean it up and ride it, keeping it as original as possible, not much profit to be made on that one, but would make a cool cruiser!

Lol. The man in the pic is my father. We were trying to find the serial number. My plans were not to make it an investment, but to clean it up and show it off. I found out with my previous car restore that when I restored a car for investment it didn't work out so well anyway. I thought the bike looked cool and found out my grandparents bought it for one of my uncle's. We also found a woman's bike that was bought at the same time. So I guess I will be busy. Not a great pic of the second bike. Sorry

image.jpeg

If the front light assembly is all there in good shape you should remove that and send it to me. LOLololol. JK, as the others said clean it up and ride it, keeping it as original as possible, not much profit to be made on that one, but would make a cool cruiser!
Actually the lights on both bikes are in good shape. I haven't put any batteries in yet but keeping my fingers crossed

Back