When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie intro with a question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
B

Boyd Who

Greetings from sunny Manitoba Canada! I just found this forum yesterday, lots of great info on the site! I've never had any old bikes before, but I have always loved antiques and collectibles.

My business is junk removal, and I received this bike with a pile of junk an elderly lady wanted me to haul away. I told her that the bike wasn't going to be tossed in the trash, and that I would be keeping it as a collectible. She was ok with that.

She said it was bought for her as a birthday gift when she was a young girl back in the late 40's, and it had always been stored in a garage or shed when not being ridden. It was original right down to the tubes in the tires as best I can tell, although I did have to replace the tubes. I've done a quick search of the forum and nothing comes up as far as the manufaturer goes. Perhaps someone here can shed a little light on it for me?

It's made by SCP, Standard Cycle Products, of Toronto Ontario Canada. I tried to Google the name but very little info comes up about this maker. Thanks!

As found...
6264JPG-1.jpg

6265JPG-1.jpg

6266JPG-1.jpg

6267JPG-1.jpg

After replacing the tubes and giving it a quick wipe-down...
6488JPG-1.jpg

Al Gingles
Neepawa, MB

I'm also in Manitoba! What a gorgeous bike you found, I too have never heard of Standard Cycle Products, very curious to see what our experts here say. I can tell you though that value wise it might only be half of what it would be were it a mens bike.

Hi Oldrider. Thanks! I'm not too worried about the value of the bike, I just think it's a cool bike to hang on to! Whereabouts in MB are you?

Ah, cool. If you drive through you have to pass right by our house. We're right on Hwy 16, a block west of the traffic light. I might be in Wpg on Saturday for the Downtown Car Show.

Back