When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie intro with a question

-
B

Boyd Who

Greetings from sunny Manitoba Canada! I just found this forum yesterday, lots of great info on the site! I've never had any old bikes before, but I have always loved antiques and collectibles.

My business is junk removal, and I received this bike with a pile of junk an elderly lady wanted me to haul away. I told her that the bike wasn't going to be tossed in the trash, and that I would be keeping it as a collectible. She was ok with that.

She said it was bought for her as a birthday gift when she was a young girl back in the late 40's, and it had always been stored in a garage or shed when not being ridden. It was original right down to the tubes in the tires as best I can tell, although I did have to replace the tubes. I've done a quick search of the forum and nothing comes up as far as the manufaturer goes. Perhaps someone here can shed a little light on it for me?

It's made by SCP, Standard Cycle Products, of Toronto Ontario Canada. I tried to Google the name but very little info comes up about this maker. Thanks!

As found...
6264JPG-1.jpg

6265JPG-1.jpg

6266JPG-1.jpg

6267JPG-1.jpg

After replacing the tubes and giving it a quick wipe-down...
6488JPG-1.jpg

Al Gingles
Neepawa, MB

I'm also in Manitoba! What a gorgeous bike you found, I too have never heard of Standard Cycle Products, very curious to see what our experts here say. I can tell you though that value wise it might only be half of what it would be were it a mens bike.

Hi Oldrider. Thanks! I'm not too worried about the value of the bike, I just think it's a cool bike to hang on to! Whereabouts in MB are you?

Ah, cool. If you drive through you have to pass right by our house. We're right on Hwy 16, a block west of the traffic light. I might be in Wpg on Saturday for the Downtown Car Show.

Back