When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie needs help with a Western Flyer...looking to buy

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A

Aims

Hello! I'm glad to have found this place!

I am looking at this Western Flyer to purchase, but I can't find any info on it to decide what a reasonable price would be. Can anyone help? Are there any features that give away the age?

I am also considering a Schwinn, as it seems to be easier to find parts, etc. Is this the case?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Picture_07.jpg
    Picture_07.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture_05.jpg
    Picture_05.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture_06.jpg
    Picture_06.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture_08.jpg
    Picture_08.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 9
From the shape of the reflectors and the graphic on the chainguard I will say early to mid 70s.

I think it is a murray made bike.

$100 is kind of a stretch.

girls bikes aren't worth as much as boy's
It's true, both for reasons that I agree with and some that I don't.

An equivalent boys bike in that condition(which would probably be the ever-present Monterey) or the western flyer version of it, would MAYBE be worth $100.

I think $50 is more realistic. These bikes show up at garage sales for $5 all the time.

I have to agree w/Strings on this one. looks to be a late 70s Murray built bike, which is a nice riding bike with common parts, but not vintage valueable.

Thank you

I appreciate the input!

I was hesitating on it big time...now I'm glad I did. It's cute, but I don't LOVE it, and for the $$ I'd rather get something else...

Thanks again!

If you post your city and state, we could help you find good buys near you. We all have ways of finding them, mostly through internet sites.

Back