When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie needs knowledge

-
Both Schwinn are very sexy. And definitely think the kick back is a plus. Thank you for the education!

No problem! If you're only putting around 10-15 miles, any vintage bike will be fine.

I saw this today and I'm seeing that Firestone tomorrow. What do you guys think of this.
a301b41c668e5109a35effe2a2c0c0a1-1.jpg

237012e6c7296c46f12d9ca011d822e9-1.jpg

1e5bf654d321f7b60a07446ac0afe630-1.jpg

88c53bd82aeaa2d24aeb8006aa18ab6f-1.jpg

dad4c8099a1ca85fa9dfc4f7a56f80df-1.jpg

He wants 100.00 for it. Both tires are flat so no test driving.

I think that would be an excellent bike for you to get started with. Nice styling, great condition, all the accessories, Good price. Probably in good shape mechanically, as it doesn't appear to have been ridden too much. Air up the tires, maybe they'll hold air long enough to let you do a test ride of several blocks or so. The most major factor even before styling, is if the bike will feel really comfortable to you over the period of a normal ride. Try to notice if the steering is pulling to the left or right as well. Looks like the rack may be bent slightly downward in the rear (easy fix). A new seat, should you want to replace it, should be no more than $50. Tires and tubes, figure $30-$40. Headlight lenses are available. An no doubt everything should have fresh grease and oil. The bike is in such nice shape, it should come apart fairly easy. I'd buy it at $100.

Addendum: OOPS, I just noticed that the fork may be bent back slightly (should be in a straight line with the head tube)*. This can be fixed, by someone who knows how. But this would be a major detractor and I would no longer pay $100 for the bike if indeed this is the case. I'm now at $50. But this is just my opinion.

*head tube is the part of the bike with the badge on it.

Last edited:
Back