When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie questions 1963 Schwinn Jaguar Mark V

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jal12147

On Training Wheels
I have a Jaguar Mark V missing the horn. Will the horns listed on that auction site for the Phantoms and I'm assuming the earlier Jaguars with the large tanks fit mine?
What is the value of this bike? It's black, some scratches but overall good.
Thanks,
John
Milford, MI

I would contact memorylane-classics.com. The probably have a horn for your tank. And you don't have to say "that auction site" around here. This board is not run by psychotics unlike "that schwinn board".

Shane, it has the teardrop rear reflector, rear carrier, and is a single speed. When I stored it years ago, I thought the handle grips, housings for the rear reflector and carrier reflectors were white, but yesterday when I cleaned the grime off of it they are tan. Did they fade or is my memory that bad?

Thanks John, I'll contact them for a horn. I also have a Schwinn Black Phantom made for Firestone that I'd like to restore this winter.

Thanks for the replies,
John

Should be a nice bike once it's all back together. Grips should be white, but they do sometimes dis-color over time. Rack reflectors should be white. Teardrop reflector housing should be chrome over plastic, but the chrome wears off very easily.
Tank horn is the small-button style for the slimline tanks. They show up occassionally on eBay, but the style for Phantom style tanks are much more common.
Cheers, Geoff

Thanks for the info Geoff.
I'll work on the grips with a toothbrush and ultra fine rubbing compound.
Should I just replace the rear reflector or is there a company that will be able to plate it?
Are you able to give me a ball park value on the bike?

BTW very nice Monza!

John
Milford, Mi

problem

Hi,
On the slim tank, the Phantom button is too large, it can go but we must
enlarge the hole. Also the mounting lugs are too large and the mounting holes did not match either ...

But with the courage you can.

IMG_9867-1.jpg

I restaure a mark V too;)

Last edited:
Back