When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie to forum - is this bike worth keeping?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nols

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I found this bike frame and wooden front wheel many years ago in my great grand parent's attic. I know it's very old, but wonder if there is any collector interest in this condition - not complete. Any help would be appreciated! The badge says Orient Leader in porcelain I think. Thanks, Nols
009.jpg
011.jpg

Wow, that's a beautiful headbadge. Very cool indeed. Definitely a great find; good luck with whatever you do with it!

its a great bike from turn of the century.you should keep it.but if you want sell it.

Thanks Dave. I would like to sell it I think. I guess the title wasn't well thought out! I think the bike is cool as well, and from what I can tell it's only completely missing the rear wheel and chain. I couldn't find anything on this model online and I don't know if it is something people would restore or use for parts or just hang on the wall as it is. If I did keep it, it would just hang on the wall!
Thanks for the reply
Nols

Check out the original paint condition. Man would that frame clean up great. This would make an awesome project bike.

This bicycle is included in the list of American Brands before 1918 on the Wheelmen.org website. It was made by Waltham Mfg. Co Boston,MA.

This bicycle is included in the list of American Brands before 1918 on the Wheelmen.org website. It was made by Waltham Mfg. Co Boston,MA.

I saw that Orient was a manufacturer, but I haven't seen this model anywhere except an old advertisement from 1900 or so. Also, I cannot locate another picture of the head badge. It is amazing how good the machining is on this bike. It feels as if it was just repacked with new bearings, but I know that isn't the case!

Bike is definitely worth keeping especially since it is from a relative...I have pilaged a lot of families for their bicycles, but I do not have one that anyone in my family rode.
That would be special.
Chris

Back