When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie with a Fresh Alley Find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
punch on my avatar screen name ,and at the bottom of the screen says
start private conversation.
I’m not seeing that as an option. Only follow and unfollow. I did follow you but not seeing a start private conversation tab.

I ’ll report back with the S/N.
I think it was SC something.
Might be a 1938-C Murray-built for Sears;
I believe that a ~couple of years later a curved seat tube mast version was sold, (but perhaps not-exclusively?)

PM sent.

Last edited:
They're 1/2" not 9/16
Something like this work? I’m trying to understand the comment about bmx pedals and cost. Not looking to do much more than put something functional and appropriate on.

58FDA68E-BF89-45D4-8097-06AD3520B3E5.jpeg

Something like this work? I’m trying to understand the comment about bmx pedals and cost. Not looking to do much more than put something functional and appropriate on.

View attachment 1455669
Please don't put these pedals on that bike; the Alta ones are not correct. If you wish to keep the bike guys on here will get you sorted with what you need. If you wish to sell than don't worry about getting the missing bits.

I’m not seeing that as an option. Only follow and unfollow. I did follow you but not seeing a start private conversation tab.
thought that might be a problem,you usually have to have a minimum amount of posts before you are allowed to use that option!
you can email me if you like at [email protected]

I have a couple of Elgin’s from that era. A 1939 stamped SD, and a 1940 stamped SE. If the sequence holds true, this bike would be a 1938.

Back