When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie with a White bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tinbanger

On Training Wheels
New to the forum
We operate a vintage and salvage business north of Toronto and I came across a White bicycle today
Other than it being built by the white sewing machine company I couldn’t find much on line
It looks more or less complete ? Except chain guard and original paint
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks Dave
932B2E34-F92E-460F-A6FC-FC40B0DD2B2E.jpeg

New to the forum
We operate a vintage and salvage business north of Toronto and I came across a White bicycle today
Other than it being built by the white sewing machine company I couldn’t find much on line
It looks more or less complete ? Except chain guard and original paint
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks Dave View attachment 1194809
Welcome.....I'm sure someone will probably know about this bike..

Hi Dave, nice find! It's an old one. The fenders (maybe CCM?) and rims say 1930s but the rest of it says 1890s. It probably had a wood rear fender originally, wood rims, and maybe a wood chain guard. Then a few decades later someone decided to revive it with new steel parts to replace the wood. During the Great Depression this would have been a cheaper option than buying a new bike for someone's daughter or granddaughter.

Can you please post a close-up photo of the badge? I've never seen or heard of White bicycles.

I live in downtown Toronto. Let me know if it's for sale!

-Brian R.

Hi Dave, nice find! It's an old one. The fenders (maybe CCM?) and rims say 1930s but the rest of it says 1890s. It probably had a wood rear fender originally, wood rims, and maybe a wood chain guard. Then a few decades later someone decided to revive it with new steel parts to replace the wood. During the Great Depression this would have been a cheaper option than buying a new bike for someone's daughter or granddaughter.

Can you please post a close-up photo of the badge? I've never seen or heard of White bicycles.

I live in downtown Toronto. Let me know if it's for sale!
37B0C46A-A565-4168-84A4-13A0B7EE0F2F.jpeg

-Brian R.

So I'm the new caretaker (owner) of this lovely bike. To my surprise, I cannot find other White Sewing Machine Co. bikes on the CABE or after a Google Search. It must be a rare bike. I'm going to start a new thread (pun not intended) for WSM bikes in the Antique pre 1933 Forum. I will post more pics of this bike there along with other stuff I can find. I hope that thread will scare up a few other White bikes. See you over there.

-Brian R.

Back