When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie with Fresh Alley Find Progress Report

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mike66

Look Ma, No Hands!
Thought I’d post a pic of current status. I’ve stripped the top, light blue paint layer to discover the original green and a stubborn layer of dark blue with white trim. My decision was to leave the blue and white and let the green show through.

In order that It doesn’t look too much like a case of spattergroit, I had the local Oreillys mix up some blue-green in a spray can. I put a thin coat on where there was bare metal and wet-sanded that down. I overcoated the white trim to give it some pop, then clear coated everything. Before it’s done, I’ll buff the gloss off with 4-0 steel wool.

I’m looking forward to installing the correct pedals and a beautiful Troxel seat I got from member Paul on this forum. Beyond that, I picked up a correct head badge and Delta front light from eBay.

In the end, it will look fresh oldish but not correct as I didn’t want it to look brand new old with the new but original green with white pinstripes. That is a possibility in the future though I suppose. Interested in opinions if anyone wants to share them.

Mike

E0C07876-7669-4A55-94E8-CA18CE6DCF22.jpeg

Back