When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie with fresh project. Ladies balloon tire

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
IMG_20190320_111948079.jpg

I took that thing apart and straightened that shaft. Look at the black lines across the white . These were getting saved.

Thanks for the welcome. The bike is finished, and looking like a million bucks. I didn't eat or sleep until it was done.
Welcome. That sounds like my pace as well. Balls ( bearings of course) to the wall until it's done. Cheers! Nice bike too!!

55 year old original inner tubes with zero patches. The original tires still looked like they would work. I made my own rim liners and went for it. I'll post pics, hang out.View attachment 968037
Back when quality rubber was used. Some tubes with the original graphics are so cool, it's a shame to hide then back in the tire. Box graphics on the retail unit were sharp as well. I have a few old tubes in extra vintage tires and boxes on display. Where does it end? Ha!

delta line up.JPG

Cave Mar 1.JPG

Jimmymac:
Very nice! What you have there is a 1962 or 1963 J.C. Higgins Flightliner. Catalog cuts are attached FYI. To be precise, this is a mid-weight bike (26 X 1.75 tires) in lieu of a balooner (26 X 2.25 or wider). Have fun!
flightliner1962.jpg

flightliner1963.jpg

Back