When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie: WTB Mid-30's Elgin TwinBar Cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Y

yopurp

Preferably restored. Doesn't have to be totally correct, just ready to ride.

please email me through the bboard.

Thanks,

Chris

Elgin

I have a 1938 complete with tank and carrier. Missing headlight. Has an aftermarket chainguard - chainguards on boys bikes started in 1939. I am second owner - original owner painted the bike. I have always intended to try and remove the repaint from the original paint but have never gotten to it. Nice bike but not cheap. I can send photos.

Gordon,

Thanks for the reply. I want to make sure I'm asking for the right bike (being new to all this). I'm specifically looking for the twin bar frame that has no seat tube. The seat slides forward/backward between the top twin bars. It's such a cool look, IMHO.

Let me know if thats the model you have. If so, then I'm really interested. Thanks,

Chris

Elgin

Your terminology is correct. The Elgin without the seat post is a Twin. They made a Twin 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60. The bike I have is not a Twin. It is a regular style frame, but they are sometimes called "twin bars" because they have two horizontal bars between the seat tube and the head tube. Good luck in your search. I believe there is a Twin currently on eBay.

Gordon,

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I was outbid on the one on eBay in the last 15 seconds. Amazing. THe guy must have had 5 browsers open.

Oh well, I 'll keep waiting to find a good one. The one that got away was sure nice though. That guy in Hunington Beach had a pretty cool collection of bikes we was unloading. :(

Can anyone tell me what a fair price is for a TwinBar in good shape (either restored or orig, but 'clean')? I've now seen them go for 350-600 on eBay. Is that about right?

Back