When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newby - Surprise Birthday Present...

-
Ahhh, so you ran the cable housing all the way down. In that case you'll need the chainstay tube clamp that is 5/8". Same seller has that one also.

We finally had the "reveal" for the bike last weekend, I thought for minute she was going to pass out as she was crying and could not catch her breath...lol but all was well and she loved it! I will try to post a pic along with a pic of when she first got it back in 57.....
kaybike1.jpg
kaybike2.jpg

Thanks again for all the help and information, I could not have finished it the way I did without the friendly folks in this forum!

Sincerely
Jerry Wallace

Jerry this is pure gold...made my day. You hear the value of bicycles discussed on these forums frequently. Well that bike right there is now priceless.

priceless

I don't think she will forget this birthday for a long time! The joy and surprise was worth every penny...

The reveal involved some deception and distraction provided by the sisters to enable the surprise. They were asking her about that old picture when I rolled it in.......... Even though it was muddy out (lives on a dirt road) she took it for a quick ride.

cheers
Jerry

Welcome...Some Pictures

Welcome to the CABE. Below are a few pictures of my all original 1958 ladies Corvette. I thought that these pictures could help you with your restoration.
This one is all original including the tires and it is in excellent unrestored condition. FYI 1958 was the last year for the girls Corvette, 1965 was the last year for the boys.
Let me know if you need me to measure cables or anything, and good luck with your resto..................Wayne

Attachments

• 0001426.jpg
    0001426.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 63
  • 0001427.jpg
    0001427.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 64
  • 0001428.jpg
    0001428.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 67
Great story of the Corvette's journey and bringing it back from being just a fond memory to a reality with a great ending ... I love it when a plan comes together ( my 80's TV quote ) ... This is what I like about this hobby - people helping others enjoy the bicycle ... Ride Vintage everyone - Frank

ahhh the A-Team! "Give me a minute, I'm good. Give my team an hour, we're unbeatable".....

I have been scouring local auctions and Craigslist for old schwinns....... I did find a 1950 something Columbia RX5 at an auction tomorrow....pretty cool looking may be the repo model but a cool looking bike.....not a Schwinn I know...

Thanks again for all the help - everyone here is so nice I just may have to get another Schwinn to fix up....

Great job with the surprise. The memories of that day will be with all forever.

If you're looking for another project bike, I'll have to mention that it's easier finding parts for an old Schwinn.

Wayne, your she Corvette is a beauty! Bow pedals with the screw on blocks would also be correct for the girls Corvette.

Back