When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newby, where to start learning?

-

Art Munson

On Training Wheels
Hello everyone!
I am a 54 yo male. I live in Spanaway Wa. I have always been into bikes, motorcycles and cars, I have been buying and selling all sorts of old items for years. I recently got hit with the "antique or vintage bicycle bug". I have learned a small amount in the past few months but am very interested in learning lots more. Where can I learn more about these old bikes? If anyone would like to share a little about what they know I would appreciate it greatly. Is there a club I could sign up with near Tacoma? Thanks.

Welcome aboard. Sorry I can't help you with the old bike schooling, I'm still learning myself. ;)

Hang out here and post some photos of the bikes you have and any projects you are working on. I think there are some great members up that way. Good luck.
'Shawn

Welcome ! Look around here on the Forum- ask questions, and We`ll try to help You. The above SEARCH Pad holds countless discussions about different Bikes, Values, and Repairs.
"The Bike Bug" has infected us all. The Best of Luck to You with your collecting and God Bless,---Cowboy

Last edited:
Hey Art,
As both Shawn and Mike said this forum is the number one resource for collectible and antique bikes. Look at the albums and do searches for the bikes that interest you. The collective wealth of experience and knowledge on this site is staggering. Happy collecting V/r Shawn

Welcome, you're in the right place. Just post your questions with pictures and remember to get the serial number from the frame it will be on the head tube or the frame drop out. With that information most of your questions will be answered by someone here. A lot of times more than one.

Hello, Art! Yea, it hits hard sometimes. You'll more than likely be drawn to a certain type, model or era of classic bicycle! There are way too many to mention in one discussion, and to help you out you must first let the great folks here know what you like. Welcome aboard, Friend!

Welcome to the cabe.You came to the right place.There are all levels of collectors here.The best thing to do is come on the Cabe whenever you have time and read.ASK QUESTIONS.Dont have a thin skin if some of the members kid around with ya.Its like initiation in a friendly way.You can put your name on the members map and also see if any collectors are near you.Good Luck.

Back