When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newly restored 1938 swedish Crescent

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This kind of lugs are called ornament in swedish. The US Rambler started this around 1900, the Ramblers made in sweden from ca 1907 and forward also had them, although slightly different. For some unknown reason severeal swedish brand started to have their own ornaments around 1928. This spread rapidly and soon almost every brand hade their own version. The fashion died around 1947 when painted fields were the new gimmick. These swedish ornaments are made of stamped and punched steel soldered to the frame for no other reason than purely decorative. The technique to use internal flush lugs for strength had been used for a long time and still continued despite these external ornaments. Swedish bikes after say 1905 always used flush lugs. There are probably hundred of ornament versions, some unique to a specific brand or frame maker, some neutral and unidentified. Most of them were painted black and had gold stripes, others may have colors matching the frame, often darker accent color. Some had red, blue or green filling inside etc. There's a lot of nice differences to discover.

Last edited:
BTW, the King bike is from the 40'ies, the ornament is unique to King. Oil lamp way to old for that bike, but looks kinda cool.

Spectacular job! A true work of art ready for many more decades of riding. Just have to say salute!

Those tires look great too. What model are they?

Thanks, kind of you. The tires are swedish made Trelleborg, made in the town with the same name. A pretty old factory, but stopped production of bicycle tires around 1990. Too bad, since these tires were of very high quality and offered a very smooth ride. My last pair of NOS....🥺

To me this is the pinnacle of collecting...spending the $, time, and effort to restore
something to this level.

I've always loved restored bike done to this sort of passion level...

Stunning work! I have a '44 Ladies Crescent, and a '37 Karnan Men's. I like these bikes (yours, included) just for the lugs!! And the chain guards. And...etc.

Hi guys, yesterday I finished the restoration of a quite rare bike, a 1938 Crescent with optional stainless steel fenders and rims AND optional 192 other parts in stainless steel. In fact, all shiny parts except for hubs and chain wheel are made of 304 stainless steel. Never seen this combined under my 25 years of bicycle collecting. The paint was too far gone to be saved, so I have repainted it in original colors and correct decals and of course new chrome. The lamp and dynamo are from 1938, new in box, and it also has the correct NOS chain and NOS tyres. Done my best to get it close to original as possible. Hope you like it!

View attachment 1456351

View attachment 1456352

View attachment 1456353

View attachment 1456354

View attachment 1456355

View attachment 1456356

View attachment 1456357

View attachment 1456358

View attachment 1456359

View attachment 1456360

View attachment 1456361

View attachment 1456362