When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newspaper Bags

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
@cds2323 posted those wonderful photos of the paperboys in Albums. Many thanks. It got me thinking about my carrier bags.
IMG_0711.JPG

Anybody else got theirs? They'd be great to see!

image.jpeg
This one of the kids stuffing inserts sure brings back the memories.
The drop off point kept having to move from house to house, because we were so rowdy, that none of the Mothers could take it for long.
I remember when it was my turn to host the drop off, my mom went ballistic.
Our initiation for the new guy, was that he had to take his shirt off so that we could all shoot him with rubber bands. Lol!
The guys and I would go collecting until we had enough for a hot fudge sundae at Tastee Freeze, then we'd hit hard the next day when collections were due.
Boys with be boys!

View attachment 787285 This one of the kids stuffing inserts sure brings back the memories.
The drop off point kept having to move from house to house, because we were so rowdy, that none of the Mothers could take it for long.
I remember when it was my turn to host the drop off, my mom went ballistic.
Our initiation for the new guy, was that he had to take his shirt off so that we could all shoot him with rubber bands. Lol!
The guys and I would go collecting until we had enough for a hot fudge sundae at Tastee Freeze, then we'd hit hard the next day when collections were due.
Boys with be boys!
Collecting. What a nightmare. After school, then the route, then knocking on doors until it got dark. One of the houses was real creepy. It was peeling paint and the yard was overgrown. You couldn't see the street from the front door. An old lady lived there and she didn't want to answer the door. The guy I got the route from showed me how to get her to come out and pay. He would start banging on the door non-stop while he screamed at her to come out. "I know you're in there," at the top of his lungs. On my first collection from her I told her I wasn't going to do that anymore. She told me she was deaf. From then on, I left an envelope and picked up the money the next day. Whew!

I delivered the Huntington Beach Independent for more than 3 years. 150 papers, every house in the neighborhood that I lived in, 2 times a week before 6 a.m. Thursday with inserts, and Saturday.
It was a free paper that I went to every door and asked for $.95 donations for delivering their paper and I could Put it on the porch for you if you want.
About 30 to 35 houses paid me a dollar so I collected more than most kids delivering a free paper.
My Western Flyer is my Paperboy Special that I never had.
So Rigid, strong, solid, and heavy duty I don't think I could have broke it; like everything I had.
I have a set of bags that are hanging with my bikes, but no pic.
IMG_9419.JPG
IMG_9426.JPG
IMG_9425.JPG
IMG_9423.JPG
IMG_9421.JPG
IMG_9420.JPG

Awesome Paperboy bike.

Last edited:
Back