When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newspaper Bags

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is photo I found, it sits on my desk at work. Don't know who he is but must be about the age of my big brother and he was a couple cities north of me. I helped my neighbor Mike deliver the Valley Journal 2 days a week in about 1968-70 around our neighborhood in Cupertino. As I recall it was something like $1.75 a month and when he went collecting he had to get a roll of quarters for change. The best was we'd call dibs on delivering on the blocks where the cute girls from school lived in case they were outside that afternoon. ;)
GSak72mD4RjzXY3oocTiQZlMtc-Dk_PEmvY1PtaY94M5iWYcmB52tXhRAzxDV1uUtN14F1qCYiv2wxg&owa=outlook.live.jpg

This is photo I found, it sits on my desk at work. Don't know who he is but must be about the age of my big brother and he was a couple cities north of me. I helped my neighbor Mike deliver the Valley Journal 2 days a week in about 1968-70 around our neighborhood in Cupertino. As I recall it was something like $1.75 a month and when he went collecting he had to get a roll of quarters for change. The best was we'd call dibs on delivering on the blocks where the cute girls from school lived in case they were outside that afternoon. ;)View attachment 789538
Nice foto, Gary. He's carrying those bags like I used to carry mine once I got a 10-speed. They just wouldn't hang right on the drop bars. I wore them front and back, and would spin them around a few times during the route to equalize the weight.

Wow, I remember I went collecting with an older neighbor kid for the local “free” paper, that’s a tough one...glad I later threw the local “paid” paper. I’m into bikes now because of my paper route and the freedom that having my route bike gave me.

Here are some bags I’ve picked up. Still looking for my local one though.
FB995589-06EC-4B99-B049-3FD5B2800714.jpeg
886A9E66-44CC-40AE-89CF-6ACF6ADD1CF8.jpeg
D820788D-7053-40DC-9261-12239C22D717.jpeg
8C5BD024-E062-4634-AF06-C284E9F5886E.jpeg

39B91187-B83F-4598-A830-E1792C10492C.jpeg

Wow, I remember I went collecting with an older neighbor kid for the local “free” paper, that’s a tough one...glad I later threw the local “paid” paper. I’m into bikes now because of my paper route and the freedom that having my route bike gave me.

Here are some bags I’ve picked up. Still looking for my local one though.
View attachment 790224 View attachment 790225 View attachment 790226 View attachment 790227
View attachment 790228
Nice bags, HD. What was your local paper?

I delivered the Sacramento Bee in the mid 80's. Boy, the stories about collecting brought back memories.
On that note, does anyone remember or use steel front bag support that went under the gooseneck and over the top of the bars? It supported the front bag so it wouldn't hit the wheel/fender. I've been looking for one and have no idea what they are even called called....

Back