When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice Blue Schwinn American on Bay Area Craigslist $375

-

gkeep

I live for the CABE
This looks much earlier than the date they're giving, maybe a 56? There seems to be a license number stamped on the seat tube that the seller might be thinking is the serial number. Great looking ride and that cool Bendix 2 speed!

This looks much earlier than the date they're giving, maybe a 56? There seems to be a license number stamped on the seat tube that the seller might be thinking is the serial number. Great looking ride and that cool Bendix 2 speed!
View attachment 1456872

View attachment 1456874

View attachment 1456875

View attachment 1456876
It is now on e bay for $550 BIN + $150 to ship

I love that blue color. You take your chances with clear coating. Sometimes the rust will keep going and actually spread under the clear, especially if the bike isn't thoroughly cleaned and loose rust removed. I don't see any real benefit to clear coating painted parts. I can see guys using clear on bare metal projects and applications, but then you can just strip it right off if something goes wrong. You don't have that luxury with painted parts, and you really take a gamble that the rust won't return under the clear. Even so, it's a great color on this bike.

Back