When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Nice orig 1981 Chestnut Schwinn Cruiser... excellent survivor! orig tires! -----F/S

-

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Just made a correction....looks to be an 81' bike based on head badge code!

This one rides fantastic with no hands...straight as an arrow unbelievable! Overall nice
original paint, a few scratches minor wear but bright color no fading really. S-2 Wheels
are unbelievable double knurled set no dings and excellent chrome. Original WW Schwinn
Studded Tires (which now seem to bring more $ than WW Typhoons) are dry but very
rideable.... front has really deep tread and even some mold flashing remaining. Just a
sweet cruiser in an uncommon I believe 1 or maybe 2 year color offering? Chrome overall
is pretty good also, one deep scratch on the bars, no peppering.
Due to condition and rideability asking 450.00 for this one plus add the shipping if I have to
pack it (no additional handling charges) just pay actual FedEx shipbikes ride

[email protected]
or PM here

Last edited:
This was the same bike I rode for YEARS on the Strand through Hermosa Beach , Manhattan Beach , Sometimes even into El Segundo. I LOVED that Color. Never really saw others with that color back then. I owned that bike longer than almost ANYTHING I owned . I still have the original studded tires ( White Wall ) like the ones shown. I guess I should hang onto them ? Whoever gets this bike will Love It !! I know I did mine. Great Bike @bobcycles ! Bringing back Memories :)

does that look like peppering on the gooseneck? Somehow your pics hide more than they show
Looks like typical surface rust on the area of the stem that’s normally down in the forks, not peppering. Here on the Cabe we avoid making snide remarks publicly, especially when they aren’t accurate. Bob is a well respected bicycle collector and restorer. He doesn’t try to hide anything. The bikes he normally deals with sell for 5 times the price of this one. He’s not going to blemish his reputation over a 400 bike.

does that look like peppering on the gooseneck? Somehow your pics hide more than they show

nothing to hide. it's a nice bike! standard discoloration on the portion of the stem that is not
polished during plating...slightly textured casting that discolors more than
the shiny polished areas of the stem. bike is 40 years old dude, give me a break. It's a very nice survivor.
most of these bikes got ridden pretty hard. when speaking with an interested collector of these
years friend, I called it a strong 7 out of 10 on a 80's scale. If this was a 30s' or 40's bike it would be a 9

Looks like typical surface rust on the area of the stem that’s normally down in the forks, not peppering. Here on the Cabe we avoid making snide remarks publicly, especially when they aren’t accurate. Bob is a well respected bicycle collector and restorer. He doesn’t try to hide anything. The bikes he normally deals with sell for 5 times the price of this one. He’s not going to blemish his reputation over a 400 bike.
Nothing "snide" about saying the pics blurry. they are blurry. The numbers should be readable, are they? That said I love the bike, road one for years

Back