When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sale Pending Nice orig. 52' Schwinn Phantom basement find, ORIGINAL parts real deal bike---F/S

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
phan1a.jpg

Bike was found by a coin collector/precious metals collector at an estate sale in Virginia. He showed up late at an estate sale
looking for coins etc. and missed out on what he collected. The guy running the sale allowed him to look around the house
for other items. He found the bike in the basement where it had sat for 50 years according to the original owners wife.
I purchased the bike out of the love of finding uncollectorized bikes and bringing rough finds back to life. The fenders and
wheels were perfect! No dings or dents! Unfortunately the chrome was shot and would not bounce back to the lustre the bike
deserved. I upgraded the bike with a NICE original pair of S-2's and a nice original Phantom fender set with original braces
and original rivets. The only changes to originality was a new batter tray added as the orig light tray was shot. Super nice
front fender and fender light with orig lens, rear fender has slight peppering to chrome, not bad, matches tank patina,
a couple of minor edge 'outie' dings, minor. Super strong pinstripes through out with only the top frame dart
faded away. Taillight is the unusual "Whizzer" version original Delta Schwinn
taillight with the 'bubble' for the switch. Battery tray had some rust issues on a couple of contacts
but could be revived if a donor with good guts was to be found. Lens and body look good!
I fully serviced the bike 100% from crank, to head set to hubs cleaning out
fossilized grease and repacking with new Park stuff. Did a quick
detailing / clean up...never even opened the tank but peeking through the bottom bars revealed a nice looking battery tray still on board.
Original key in the lock works fine, original saddle hanging in there with original leather still ridable (just test rode the bike) smooth rider!
Tons of roachy and repop pieced Phantoms for sale for much more on eBay etc... This bike truly represents!
The only upgrades I would do is maybe add a bigger cog for the New Departure brake. I used the original cog
from the patina'd wheel set the bike originally came with to mate with the original chain that was with the bike.
Easier pedaling with more teeth for sure! But still a good rider if you avoid the hills!
Looking for 1350.00 for this baby plus shipping.
Will pitch this to eBay for 1700 if no bites here on the forum....
It's a true original Phantom survivor I would rate a strong 7 on a 10 scale...closer to an 8

PS ---will throw in the original fossilized Typhoon Black wall tires...wall hangers and a
decal for the chain guard.....as the original one 'ghosted'

[email protected]
or PM here

I have more pix if needed
pic heavy here

phan11.jpg

phan10.jpg

phan14.jpg

phan17.jpg

phan21.jpg

phan19.jpg

phan20.jpg