When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice weather in Holland

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

supper15fiets

Wore out three sets of tires already!
...didt some miles on my "iron Horse" today...just some nice evening weather my '36 Rollfast,
and thinking of all you guy's across the ocean! :o
IMG_6964-1.jpg

IMG_6957-1.jpg

Stunning bike!!! Somebody told me a few years back that a couple of times a year they dredge the canals, and you see lots of Dutch bicycles sat along the side of the road that had been thrown into the water. Is that true, or were they joking? :rolleyes:

I've been to Holland a few times, and never once seen a rusty bike ;)

yep! that is thrue....here is and for sure in Amsterdam is the bike transportation number one...and...so when people are going out on a night...they steel a bike to get home, and when they nearby the throw it in the canal...or people do that just for fun, if your bike is not locked and attached to a bridge or someting, then 99 out of 100 that your bike is going for a swim....it is sad but true....
here is a picture of that...
fietswrak-1.jpg

Last edited:
Right! I'm moving to Holland. So what happens to all of these bikes?? I'm guessing that very few get returned to the owners, so are they sold? Scrapped?

Right! I'm moving to Holland. So what happens to all of these bikes?? I'm guessing that very few get returned to the owners, so are they sold? Scrapped?

ha! then i move to the US..hahaha...some of those goes to the originele owner...but most of al they have allready a new bike because the insurance is very quick with the money, so if your bike has been stolen, the only thing you need is a police report and with that copy you go direct to the brand of the bike that you have and the same day you got a brand new bike....and the rest of the bicycles are sold by the police once a month for a very low price....

Oh really? At public auction? I live in the UK and to be honest I'd love to go to one of those sales!! How do you go to one?

We have those auctions too, once a year in may, here its called the "Police Auction". All stolen bikes that have been recovered by police and not claimed in that year get auctioned off to the public. Sometimes they will sell the bikes in "lots" of 5 or 10 and you get a really great deal, but on the flipside you often end up way overpaying for the big name brand bikes.

Back