When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nishiki Linear 1987 Time Trial

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Trying to go a little earlier in the line up. So a "funny" bike from the late '80s. Even in my older years I can still ride this frame; did 30 miles on it a couple weeks ago (a little too many miles for my back) and about 12 miles last week. It serves me well for the hard 10-20 mile ride without tearing me up. Fun to ride and certainly a change of pace from the norm. Fairly original as sold excepting the OFMEGA derailleurs (why you'd take off Shimano 105's for the Italian parts is beyond me) installed by previous owner; looking for OE Shimano at the present time. Pulled off the 52t/42t Biopace rings and put on Shimano 53t/49t (changing 53t to 55t). I'm riding flatland with an occasional "hill", rare for me to go on the small ring. OE saddle and rims holding up fine. 1986 frame made for the '87 model year; cranks also date to late '86. Matches the '87 Nishiki catalogue. Looking for spare 24" wheels/rims; let me know if you've got any to part with; not BMX rims, road only.

I have a pair of NOS 24" sew-ups and I probably have the 105 parts that you are looking for. Contact me if you are still looking.

Time trail aka funny bikes were popular like 7 years ago when the fixed gear trend was big. Problem is with these bikes being custom fitted and made for a specfic owner made them hard for re sale no matter the components, The fixed surge is over and time trial bikes belong on a Velodome not on the streets.
These bikes are made for the road, not the velodrome. As someone mentioned above, bikes with gears and brakes are not allowed on velodromes.

Back