When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"No Hands" Is A Great Book About The Rise And Fall Of Schwinn.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Sounds like a good read but!, one fool is even trying to sell one for $695., ya I'll go to the library!

The 100% guarantee worked against them when the trend was lighter-throw-away started but like many American products like Carousels, Whizzers, Coke signs these bikes are a gift to those who like to collect examples of products from when American innovation reigned and people worked with pride.

The 100% guarantee worked against them when the trend was lighter-throw-away started but like many American products like Carousels, Whizzers, Coke signs these bikes are a gift to those who like to collect examples of products from when American innovation reigned and people worked with pride.

YES, it became no longer profitable to make products that last a "LIFETIME" we have now evolved into a world where everything is designed to only last a limited time, then gets throw away, and you then buy another one!

I tried library request but no copies exist in any of 33 branches San Bernardino County libraries. Maybe I'll ask them to add.

Libraries are not the repositories they used to be- any book that hasn't been checked out in a year or two, or was published more than X years ago routinely gets tossed.

YES, it became no longer profitable to make products that last a "LIFETIME" we have now evolved into a world where everything is designed to only last a limited time, then gets throw away, and you then buy another one!

It’s even worse then that! Whole bikes are still good but it’s one part that is obsolete after just one year. You then must buy a( new wheel just to get the upgraded axle ) example.

Planned obsolescence!

YES, people have now been trained to "CONSUME" and love to keep spending money on the latest and greatest trend or fad, but hate to spend money on the required necessities of life. For example: I am in the heating business, and I get into peoples homes to service their heating systems. When I tell them their 30 year old furnace needs to be replaced, they tell me it is not in the budget right now when they are living in a $500,000 house, have 2 new vehicles in the driveway, multiple HUGE TV's bolted to the walls in the house, and the latest $1000 iPhone in their hand......................LOL

Last edited:
Back