When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No light, even with NEW batteries, and bulb is fine.

-

5782341b77vl

Look Ma, No Hands!
Dunno what to make of it.

I put in brand-spanking-new batteries (size D-cell) and tried the switch... nothing.

I waited for dark and (using a 9-volt battery) tried the light bulb... it works fine, though I'm not sure just how long I will be seeing spots!

I'm not sure if my headlight is missing a piece of hardware or something, but this is what it looks like inside.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Th

IMG_20181203_121836.jpg

It appears the circuit is completed when the switch allows the tab at the back of the batteries to contact the light shell. You can check this with a piece of wire or a paper clip from the end of the battery to the shell. If it works with the wire but not the switch you have some corrosion in play somewhere.

Most likely it’s the little tabs on the bottom of the switch not making contact with the bottom shell when the switch is closed .
It can be a fixed by slightly bending the bottom of the shell in a little so the tabs on the switch make better contact with the shell, or the other way is remove the rivet and bend the toggle switch end of the spring steel battery contact downward so it will have more snap when you close the switch , then re-rivit
They get bent up over time and loose their spring and sometimes the toggle falls out

Last edited:
Back