When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No longer a Newbie

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You never stop learning or seeing things that you have not seen before when working with old bicycles. I've fixed many 3-speeds, for example, and I still see stuff I've never seen before. Last fall I fixed a bike that had its bottom bracket filled with old, yellow corn kernels (probably stored with varmints nearby).

You never stop learning or seeing things that you have not seen before when working with old bicycles. I've fixed many 3-speeds, for example, and I still see stuff I've never seen before. Last fall I fixed a bike that had its bottom bracket filled with old, yellow corn kernels (probably stored with varmints nearby).

Wow! I've seen wasp nests in nearly every handlebar I've opened but never corn kernels in a frame!

Congrats Ridin' my Schween on your "promotion" and welcome to the collective party!

If my memory serves me, I recall something about putting corn or otherwise hard seeds into oil and or grease. As I recall it was to soak it up and help hold the lubricant from drying. Or was it to soak up water? IDK, just recall it as an old, as in years ago, mechanic's trick, to maintain the lubricant's viscosity, er somtin like dat. .

If my memory serves me, I recall something about putting corn or otherwise hard seeds into oil and or grease. As I recall it was to soak it up and help hold the lubricant from drying. Or was it to soak up water? IDK, just recall it as an old, as in years ago, mechanic's trick, to maintain the lubricant's viscosity, er somtin like dat. .
I remember something about soaking corn in water and letting the mash ferment...

Wow! I've seen wasp nests in nearly every handlebar I've opened but never corn kernels in a frame!

Congrats Ridin' my Schween on your "promotion" and welcome to the collective party!
Everyone is so welcoming and eager to share information...that is so awesome! Not like some other "exclusive" clubs where they are all uptight and so secretive and say things only if it benefits themselves...Thank you so much and I am happy to be here!

Last summer I picked up an 82 Cruiser. It was sitting in dirt but really I don't know where the owners got it from. It was a long day and late when I got home so I left it in the jeep. The next morning when I went to get it seemed strange but there were ants on it. Well the BB and back tire were ant farms! ... Bottom line, don't leave a new find in your vehicle over night.

Everyone is so welcoming and eager to share information...that is so awesome! Not like some other "exclusive" clubs where they are all uptight and so secretive and say things only if it benefits themselves...Thank you so much and I am happy to be here!

Whenever someone replies and makes you feel like that other place.
There's always the ignore button.
And remember....we'll always be here to help you, share information or photos.
Hoofhearted (member) is one of the reasons I enjoy this"club" so much.

Wait until you meet Vincev and Boris...
or it could be Boris and Vincev!

They will tell you which is correct! :D

Last edited:
Back