When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No more Ebay for me

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinny

I live for the CABE
Just closed my Ebay account after swearing I was going to over and over again for years.
Their policies have morphed to the point where I no longer want to be a fail test for their greed.
Now they will control all sending and receiving of goods and returns as well as taking 16+% of all sales
They just started this and Ive been bit by it twice already. It will probably take months for them to shake out the bugs and far reaching ramifications of this latest policy change and we all get to suffer through their learning curve.
I remember several of these throughout the years but I dont need it any more. Im gonna downsize my stress and leave that particular greed and desperation site behind.

Whew !!

I feel better already.

That's weird, just bought few things last night and no fees, just Cali sales tax!
I think he's talking about fees for the seller on any sold items.

I agree about disliking eBay but you can't argue it isn't one hell of a market. They closed my old account last month when they were asking for personal bank info but I broke down and rejoined. You just can't beat the exposure there when selling and good deals do occasionally pop up. They got me...

That's weird, just bought few things last night and no fees, just Cali sales tax!
Yeah, I don't think there is any fee to buy things there.
But Im finding more and more lately that Ebay has turned into a flea market for cheap Asian goods and Desperate sellers that flip their accounts easily after receiving too many negatives. I had to return 5 things last year and two so-far this year. All involved whining, incredulous, and entirely clueless sellers. The last one was a part mislabeled and represented as one size and arrives as two sizes smaller. Answer... no its not. No return. Ebay says too bad.
But I also sold a helluva lot from there last year with not one issue. And paid them quite a bit in fees.
Ive notices Craigslist going down also since their introduction of fees for certain categories.
FB Market Place and offer-up are booming.
Every reputable bike store that Ive done business with in the last couple years sells online in places other than Ebay also. I think I can still find stuff from these stores and buy it from the seller off Ebay.

I hear you! I’ve been on eBay since 1997, and in the last few years it’s completely fallen apart, now with the new payout system you never really know when you will ever get paid. What a great idea EBay was in the beginning, and how their stock was scooped up by investors in the growth period. Now it’s a bunch of people selling things they know nothing about, and buyers who need to return everything as if it were Amazon.

Gotcha, understand now! Was selling on there couple years ago and was cool, then all a sudden my GF was getting statements at the end of the month taking money out of her PP account and was like what the f? I had forgotten about that... couple times wasn't until months later!

Gotcha, understand now! Was selling on there couple years ago and was cool, then all a sudden my GF was getting statements at the end of the month taking money out of her PP account and was like what the f? I had forgotten about that... couple times wasn't until months later!

Ebay still sends me a notice every month saying my statement is ready to view. What's funny is I haven't sold anything on eBay since early 2015.

Back