When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No more Ebay for me

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Will check eBay to buy but haven’t sold anything on there for years. I collect bikes and stringed musical instruments and want to see them before buying. I did take a chance on a 1965 Rudge Brit bike being sold 4 hours away Buy It Now No Shipping. Really wanted the bike-paid for it and hit the road. Got lucky because he was a reputable seller and the bike was worth a good bit than I paid, so I was happy. If selling I stick to The CABE, FBM and Craigslist, cash in hand and no corporate BS.

Stopped selling, but continue to buy....
Same here. There are still some unique ( vintage) items you just can't find anywhere else, and buying is easy. Selling was always a pile of work if you did it thorough and the fees just got insane, then taxes, and shipping rates over the top. Unless you have something very rare and desirable and came into it cheap, it's a loss if you put any value on your time and hassle factor.

I just returned a Corbin armless hub. (not well described ... and won @ a decent price) but may have been missing parts and didn't work.
because Ebay's free shipping label software was having a headache I paid for return shipping and got stuck for the $12.
IIRC, it's the first one that popped up there in 4 or 5 years. it's been at least a few years since one was offered here.

I just returned a Corbin armless hub. (not well described ... and won @ a decent price) but may have been missing parts and didn't work.
because Ebay's free shipping label software was having a headache I paid for return shipping and got stuck for the $12.
IIRC, it's the first one that popped up there in 4 or 5 years. it's been at least a few years since one was offered here.
Yes, the return shipping depends on the seller making an exactly accurate weight and size on their sale. If you need to send something back and those are wrong,
...HEADACHE. And no-one to talk to about it on Ebay. The folks in India dont know either.

Now I go to yard sales for REAL treasures!! two nice 50 foot garden hoses for $2 !!! :D
Here's a tip for ya. Hook those babies up in series and spread them out on your lawn on a sunny day. Let them sit for a while in the sun and you'll have more than enough hot water for an oxy bath :).

yup, ebay has gone to the dogs. guess they can make more money selling junk from China than anything collectible. they screwed it up big time long ago for vintage car part guys. you put 1949 Chevrolet in your search and 5,000 listings for seat covers and assorted nonsense come up. back when I was selling car parts there was 4 other guys selling 49 - 54 Chevy items. now there are none.

Back