When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No Recourse PP FF etc

-

bike

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
I like to deal with knowledgeable experienced buyers. I of course have no control over this if I deal with unknown people here.
I sell as is as I bought it with all faults. I personally do not try to hide any faults, and disclose those that are known with pictures and or text.
SO I do not take credit cards or pp fees where a buyer can hang up a transaction for any reason- found one for less, changed mind, wife said no etc.
ASK YOU QUESTIONS AND ASK FOR PICS if you have doubts before pulling the trigger. Just like a swap meet where cash changes hands.
I have bought things here without asking questions cause they seemed like a good deal- If there is a problem I have usually ate it or sometimes asked the seller for refund or adjustment. I always expect that the seller has full discretion, as do I, to make that call.
Be a Big Boy (or Girl)
My 2c
PS to EXPECT a 50 to 120+ year old toy to WORK is unreasonable- I sell stuff as artifacts- if it works that is a miraculous, if common, bonus.

Last edited:
99 % of the deals I make on here never have an issue. If I can't close a deal after two or three e-mails, I know it's going to go south.... And the kiss of death for any deal, after answering all the questions, taking more photos from every angle, and building a 3d model....( just about), is when the buyer says "'I need your phone #" - "I want to talk to you about the item".... Sorry. I answered all your questions.

Hi, I appreciate the sellers angle. All transactions are a matter of trust. As you put it, when you are a big boy or girl, you should play nicely.

And yet, what happens as a buyer when you've paid by PP FF a reasonable sum of money to a seller, and then they go dead on you, which is where I am with a seller here at the moment?

In this case, they are a long term member of the site, have sold items to others (and me) here without a problem before, and have just stopped visiting, and answering repeated site PM's and personal emails. By paying PP FF, I am now out of pocket, sans goods, with the added complication of being in a different country, so can hardly visit the person concerned.

With the seller being in the US, myself in France, and having paid by PP FF, is there any way of recovering the money? I would welcome any advice. I would prefer the goods, and I certainly would prefer not to cause problems for someone over what is just a hobby, (and may have genuine reasons to be tumbleweeding me) but eventually you have to look at the other options.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Adrian

I gotta agree with Paul G here. I am very hesitant to take PP Goods and Services anymore because PP will almost always side with the buyer no questions asked. A fellow Caber just got burned this way after posting clear pictures and cutting a phenomenal deal on a parts pile. Sellers beware, there are unscrupulous members here on the Cabe. If someone has 4000+ posts but only 100ish likes that should be a red flag.

I tend to only sell to people I know or seem trustworthy from past posts and track records here on the Cabe. I will gladly do F&F as a buyer if the trust is there as well. Accepting postal MOs are a hassle because they require a trip to the bank to deposit, but it looks like these may make a comeback given some of the recent shenanigans.

I have reached kind of a stalemate with PPFF -in ongoing litigation with them I sent money(1,200) for a bike to a member on the cabe and it got miss directed somehow to someone else and paypal refuses to say it was their fault and because it was a gift I have to ask for it back from that company it was sent to and as of now they do not want to return the money and have stopped returning emails so all my transactions over 100 dollars are pp gs so this will never happen again what a frekin mess

I gotta agree with Paul G here. I am very hesitant to take PP Goods and Services anymore because PP will almost always side with the buyer no questions asked. A fellow Caber just got burned this way after posting clear pictures and cutting a phenomenal deal on a parts pile. Sellers beware, there are unscrupulous members here on the Cabe. If someone has 4000+ posts but only 100ish likes that should be a red flag.

I tend to only sell to people I know or seem trustworthy from past posts and track records here on the Cabe. I will gladly do F&F as a buyer if the trust is there as well. Accepting postal MOs are a hassle because they require a trip to the bank to deposit, but it looks like these may make a comeback given some of the recent shenanigans.

If you do accept a USPS money order your local post office will cash it. Provided they have that amount of cash available.

If you do accept a USPS money order your local post office will cash it. Provided they have that amount of cash available.

I was just about to say the same thing. I'm heading there anyway to ship the part, take the MO, pay for the postage with it, and get the difference back. No bank required.

you can also cash a postoffice mo at your banks,i had to cancel paypal and get a new debit card,one of those deals like relief factor product,they send u a free sample or a discounted one,once they get your info they put u on auto ship every month,so b careful!

Back