When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No Recourse PP FF etc

-
As a buyer, don't play the Friends/Family Paypal game. It's possible to get burned - the payment is for gifts to.... friends and family mainly. It sure looks like a gift and not a purchase of goods if you use it. Lots of ways to get burned, bub.

As a buyer, don't play the Friends/Family Paypal game. It's possible to get burned - the payment is for gifts to.... friends and family mainly. It sure looks like a gift and not a purchase of goods if you use it. Lots of ways to get burned, bub.

And as a seller the same can happen with Goods and Services. I wouldn’t sell anything to you on here via G&S with 6 posts in 3.5 years, bub.

Last edited:
I got 100% refund from seller via PayPal for items, advertised a 23 tooth sprockets, but the picture showed a 18 tooth sprocket (who would buy 18 tooth sprockets that come as throw-away items, least material condition, with new wheels). I did not axe questions as volume sellers often use a one-size fits all picture. Applied that refund, return of junk explicitly not required, to tires from same big-time selling outfit, who I may occasionally buy from.
As a customer, I am often right. There may be a saying, "the customer is often right, long before the price is forgotten".
I got a 100% refund from an apparent smaller-time seller via PayPal for a wrong 3-speed wheel shipped to me, (for which I did axe questions via eBay messaging), instead of the cheaper one sans shifter parts, which I actually paid for (but also mentioned in my message), then the seller sent me the right item and explicitly allowed me to keep the expensive item. [Someday I may find a matching front wheel].

I believe that part of the problem, may be toy computer platforms, that hide instead of highlight the seller's explicit contract terms and conditions, (i.e., where does it say "artifacts" - I don't see it on the stupid phone display screen). Some sellers may pray on such non-falcon millennials, and forget to mention that the $1000 bike is actually a 4-5" model.

I have fond memories of the folks I've sent funds via PayPal friends and family.

Last edited:
So what recourse does a buyer have when he sends a $1000 USPS Money Order to a seller, then the seller cashes in and disappears without sending the item/bike?

So what recourse does a buyer have when he sends a $1000 USPS Money Order to a seller, then the seller cashes in and disappears without sending the item/bike?

Well it is a federal crime, and prosecuted as fraud by the postmaster inspector general. Only up to 1,000.00usd, they won't issue them for more.

• If you suspect fraud, call the U.S. Postal Inspection Service at 1-877-876-2455.

18 U.S. Code § 500.Money orders

And believe it or not the postal service has their own police force for stuff like that. You don't wanna f*** with the post office. They take fraud very seriously.

along this current line though.

Presently, the USPS is failing miserably on package handling. things go really far out of the path of travel. The combined processing and distribution centers they have established in large areas are a nightmare, things get misplaced for days, or sent to the wrong city or state, then come back and finally get to where they are actually going. I have one package out right now, dropped it at a main post office, and there is still no record of it available online, 2 days later. Sadly, with regular priority mail, you have to wait 7 to 10 days for them to even investigate where you package may be. Never mind the huge price increase recently on packages.

Shipping is getting to be a gamble all by itself.

How did you pay? I had a problem with a member from down south.
He burnt me on an EXPENSIVE seat and told me tough. I went to my bank and told them and they were able to reverse the transaction.
I had paid CASH from my bank account Friends & Family.
AND If you paid with a credit card call the credit card company and start a chargeback ..
That's where your credit card company goes to bat for you to reverse the transaction.
You dispute the transaction because the goods weren't received or as described.
Good Luck..

If you do accept a USPS money order your local post office will cash it. Provided they have that amount of cash available.

USPS isn't going to have 1,500 dollars on hand in a lot of cases though, not in one place. I think most MOs are limited to around $500 each, aren't they, and then you have to be creative/do something else.

Back