Non US License Plates

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Mercian

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jul 1, 2016
France
Hi All,

I thought some of you may be interested in this site I came across detailing Belgian Bicycle license plates. Even if you can't read the language, the photos are self explanatory.

French tax plates turn up quite often. Does anyone know of other countries issuing license or tax plates for bicycles?

Best Regards,

Adrian

BFGforme

riding a'41 BF Goodrich deluxe autocycle deluxe
Nov 28, 2016
Oceanside CA
Recently found a'40 and'41 french tax stamps cheap on eBay! Super cool, like mini plates!

Reactions: Mercian

Andrew Gorman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 15, 2008
Pasadena (Hastings Ranch), United States
Thanks for the link and inspiration. I keep plotting to make dies for a Belgian style, faux French plate from Remulac.

Reactions: Mercian

non-fixie

Look Ma, No Hands!
Jun 5, 2011
Yurp
Here in Holland there was a bicycle tax from 1924 to 1941. Most people hated the system and thought it unfair ("pedestrians' shoes do more damage to the roads than our soft rubber tires!"). The tax plates were often stolen, too, as they were easy to remove.

The German occupation brought and end to the system, and their decision was met with great approval. That the Germans also confiscated the bicycles soon after was another matter.

A dutch tax plate from the 1930's:

1k0.jpg

This ad goes away when you register for an account!
This ad goes away when you register for an account!