When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOS Colson Tricycle? Maybe it could be restored to perfection?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rarebmx

Look Ma, No Hands!
I was thinking this was too nice to be restored & the closer I looked its perfect in every way. Any idea of year & value?
20140514_122304_zpsnah50ure-1.jpg

20140514_122312_zpshs8ztj4z-1.jpg

20140514_122323_zps2wwbf7st-1.jpg

20140514_122326_zpsgcygmfs0-1.jpg

20140514_122318_zpstwjfokzr-1.jpg

20140514_122334_zpswmzyb6qa-1.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! That thing is sweet! Please don't restore it! It's too nice! As far as price and value, the headbadge will give you an indication of age. Im no expert on Colsons, but I think late 40s to early 50s. Tricycle prices are not too high. Guesstimation, $200-300

It doesn't get nicer than that!
I have a '41 Colson Imperial (Grillnose) currently in the restoration queue that had (and will again) that same color and similar paint scheme...burgundy/white/lime green pinstriping).
Post the SN as I assume the tricycles follow the same conventions as the SN's of the bicycles of the period.
Chris

I did buy it. I might not get to the serial number until Monday or Tuesday due to us closing on a new house today & moving over the weekend.

There is no reason to restore this trike. It will go in our expected new baby's room.

Thanks guys. It truly is a time capsule & I think it's never been ridden.

I would believe it to be NOS. I have a NOS colson tricycle. I am not sure if anyone reproduces the decals for them. Super nice find!

I would believe it to be NOS. I have a NOS colson tricycle. I am not sure if anyone reproduces the decals for them. Super nice find!

I was 99.9% sure it had to be original. I've collected for 15 years & usually can spot a repaint. Are the NOS ones fairly common then?
I have another skip tooth chain drive Colson trike that is rough but 16" wheel all the way around. I thought it was too nice to pass up. Irony is: it has been for sale at this place for 2 years. I offered half of what they were asking & that bought it.

its a nice tricycle. I think if you got it at that price,it may be at top of the retail. Unless a Colson collector MUST have it.

it loos really close to this one, same price- your's in much nicer condition.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRICYCLE-AN...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

another
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940s-50s-G...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Colson Tricycles are.pretty common & don't have a big value. I do have another one here but when they are NOS vs. a used one in nice shape, it's a whole different ballpark. I will put it in a couple shows & maybe do some swapping at some point but for now it is room decor.

Back