When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOS Colson Tricycle? Maybe it could be restored to perfection?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm not the member with the Colson chain drive trike but do have two regular Colson trikes about the same age. The original grips on one are 3" and the other has 3 1/4" grips, if that would help.

Dave

It doesn't get nicer than that!
I have a '41 Colson Imperial (Grillnose) currently in the restoration queue that had (and will again) that same color and similar paint scheme...burgundy/white/lime green pinstriping).
Post the SN as I assume the tricycles follow the same conventions as the SN's of the bicycles of the period.
Chris

A restored bike? really Chris? I thought you were only down with original paint bikes. V/r Shawn

It's been in the restoration queue for 2 1/2 years in which time my feelings for original bikes have become more extreme.
Once done, it will be a placeholder until an original paint prewar grillnose becomes available...and that I haven't seen in my 8 or so years in the hobby.
Currently, my collection of 60 prewar bikes, 0 are restored, 0 are touched up, 0 have repop grips or anything other than period tires...there maybe a repop plastic lens here and there, but that's it.
Chris

Thanks Dave - just got a 3" sett off of EBay. Markings on the handlebars look like mine were 3" when they were on it.

yeah I don't think it's restored, looks original to me, I would also buy that in a heartbeat for $300 or less

Just clean it. And leave it a long. A resto would be a real shame. And a waste of money.

saw the exact same trike today, while travelling the back roads of Maine, great how the BB clamps to the bottom tube to give chain tension!!!

Back