When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOS Schwinn Cruiser Frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It's not a Schwinn china either, at least up too 2002 frame . Just checked the three I have of different years and no tomato. Plus more indicative it's likely a maple Island and replica to older is the way rear stays and and drop-outs are welded together or replicated.

Yet what caught my attention 1st in the 2nt frame shown, 1st photo has to much packing material to see, is all is the breather holes that all appear to be drilled and especially, near head post on canti tubes ,never seen that on any bike before. which is another reason I checked, that I hardly ever bother to look over, I mean, I couldn't case less about em, my few pre-2003 Schwinn china frames. . And I seriously doubt Schwinn china has or will ever bother to replicate drop out and stays as it appears, Maple Island did. Those holes in canti bars ought to be tell-tail for other replica Schwinn made by them, or whoever.

Last edited:
It's not a Schwinn china either, at least up too 2002 frame . Just checked the three I have of different years and no tomato. Plus more indicative it's likely a maple Island and replica to older is the way rear stays and and drop-outs are welded together or replicated.

Yet what caught my attention 1st in the 2nt frame shown, 1st photo has to much packing material to see, is all is the breather holes that all appear to be drilled and especially, near head post on canti tubes ,never seen that on any bike before. which is another reason I checked, that I hardly ever bother to look over, I mean, I couldn't case less about em, my few pre-2003 Schwinn china frames. . And I seriously doubt Schwinn china has or will ever bother to replicate drop out and stays as it appears, Maple Island did. Those holes in canti bars ought to be tell-tail for other replica schwinns made by them.

I figured it was possibly a late 90's frame because that is when Schwinn was selling all the packaged reproduction parts. And even though I never saw a frame for sale, it looked like a frame on some of the bikes during that time when I was doing research before I purchased it.

Either way, if it is a repop frame, it is very close to an original 70's frame as used on the Spitfires, and KLUNKERS. And for the price that I paid, I will not loose anything on it if I don't decide to build it up?

Put it in the for sale section and let the new owner figure it out. Decent Schwiinn frames can be had for a hundred bucks. Start your project with the "real deal" and never go wrong.

I already have a few of the "Real Deals" in my collection!

@1938airflow said he had 8 of these. I doubt he knew who made them but maybe he can tell you where he got them. I'm betting these were pulled out of Maple Islands inventory when they closed up shop and dumped all the inventory. Bicyclebones probably didn't want these when he picked up loads of other items they had. The frames are probably close to 20 years old and who made them will never be known unless you can contact someone that was involved in having them made for Maple Island.

I got them from grand Rapids ohio bicycle auction. Not sure exactly who made them but not old at all. Maybe in the last 10 years.

I got them from grand Rapids ohio bicycle auction. Not sure exactly who made them but not old at all. Maybe in the last 10 years.

I found this old thread a while back so ten years ago Maple Island might have still been around liquidating. For some reason I thought they shut down around Y2k.

Back