When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOS Spring Forks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just to clear up confusion about the ridges(knurling) at the base of the steer tube above the race...these are to identify the smaller inner diameter fork tube that started being used in 1966.

Couldn't find any date on this tattered box but just noticed a "S" stamped below the threads?, I'm guessing the name tells it, "Schwinn Cruiser" so 80-1 thru 83-4?, does the part number tell the yr.?

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg
I need some schooling…

been looking at this set of springer forks as a replacement for my 65 corvette.
what should I be looking for as far as, are they complete…will they fit?

I’ve seen a lot of springers with a bolt here, this one has a clamp? This looks like it’s for an older model? I was planning on having painted or powder coated so current condition isnt terribly concerning…

thanks!

B2C3DE42-4F28-43B1-B44F-22FDAAE6C125.jpeg

Last edited:
Couldn't find any date on this tattered box but just noticed a "S" stamped below the threads?, I'm guessing the name tells it, "Schwinn Cruiser" so 80-1 thru 83-4?, does the part number tell the yr.?View attachment 1549066

View attachment 1549067

View attachment 1549068

View attachment 1549069

View attachment 1549070
IDK about the S as nobody has pointed that out that I recall. The box looks the same as a 1980, 1, 2, and maybe 3 if Schwinn had a Deluxe and or continued to supply the parts to dealers into 84 maybe 85/6 as an accessory?.

Regardless there are two things you can tell on an 80's Schwinn Spring fork. 1st is visible by the way the pivot tube has sort of sloppy welding and yours's does. The 2nd requires removal to see the kurdling around the sterer tube. You have both. New to me is an S stamped on it, looks like a bonus that I've not seen anybody mention before.

And,, A Springer for an 80 and 81 Cruiser Deluxe is hard to come by.

Last edited:
I need some schooling…

I’ve seen a lot of springers with a bolt here, this one has a clamp? This looks like it’s for an older model? I was planning on having painted or powder coated so current condition isnt terribly concerning…

thanks!

View attachment 1598507

I need some schooling…

thanks!

View attachment 1598507
With a 65 U can put that pre-55 fork or you can use two colored originals from 55 "New Style" and up to the early 60's but around that they're all chrome untill production stopped IDK mid 70's. Then hard to find 80 models. But where I'm going with this is: when they came back on the Tiawan Crusers, while they're Tiawan/China, not so happy Chrome, it's Schwinn's repop of the "New Style" 1955, and most are all chrome as a 65 would be so, U could do that too.

Back