When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold NOS StingRay S7 Westwind White wall

-
Zipcode

And the date coding was circular with dots in the quartiles during the 60's. This is one of several original tires on my 60's Stingrays

Ok, another big difference, Schwinn tires were made by at least 3 different manufacturers, yours are Goodyear ( 3 circle date code ) mine were made by Carlisle ( C, month, year ), US Rubber also made Schwinn tires with a 2 letter code. They even used more than one supplier in the same year, so your previous description about mold lines and interior color are for the Good Year made?

Ok, another big difference, Schwinn tires were made by at least 3 different manufacturers, yours are Goodyear ( 3 circle date code ) mine were made by Carlisle ( C, month, year ), US Rubber also made Schwinn tires with a 2 letter code. They even used more than one supplier in the same year, so your previous description about mold lines and interior color are for the Good Year made?
Agree there were multiple suppliers. Best I'm aware the 60's Westwinds were as I pictured, others followed later on. And best I'm aware the mold lines and red inside color are the case regarless of manufacturer. Perhaps another expert may chime in here, but this is what I have noted over the years, thanks

Last edited:
Back