When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not Another Monark Rat

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ditchpig

Finally riding a big boys bike
OK just started mocking up this frame that I scooped a little while ago...hard to find them here on Vancouver Island. My bad - I posted some images in the 'Custom Builds' forum and found some new friends. But maybe I should have posted here....? So just throwing out a couple pics here to share ideas but will continue in 'Custom' .....having a blast experimenting!
Kryn

IMG_2459.JPG

20211202_114756.jpg

Its got a cool Steam punk look with that springer and that seat post contraption.
Well done
Thanks for sure! Never thought about steam punk and the rat rod theme being so close, but yes right? The seat post is a classic 60's Pearl adjustable tom to kick drum mount..... 7/8 in. Works perfectly. I'm hoping it's starts a trend. I think what I did to the handle bar has been done, but haven't seen quite this set up. Picked up the Royal Enfield brake levers at the post office today....too much fun! Shifter next!

I found the same frame with springer forks someone started to prime at some point. You're build is inspiring. I keep thinking about taking it back to metal and do a patina rust-matic version or just polished steel and coat of linseed oil and wax.

This one caught my eye a couple years ago and has been haunting me...;)

And the VW Bus! We had two when I was a kid and used them for camping. A late 50s in red and cream and a 61 or 62 green and cream. Great memories of cross country trips in those beasts.

I found the same frame with springer forks someone started to prime at some point. You're build is inspiring. I keep thinking about taking it back to metal and do a patina rust-matic version or just polished steel and coat of linseed oil and wax.

This one caught my eye a couple years ago and has been haunting me...;)
View attachment 1531255

And the VW Bus! We had two when I was a kid and used them for camping. A late 50s in red and cream and a 61 or 62 green and cream. Great memories of cross country trips in those beasts.
Love the fatter tires and the rabbit's foot! Makes me think it's all been done before....but it's fun to work with these old frames! No allen heads, torque ratings, or aluminum. Thanks for the comments. I hope you make some plans for your Monark and put some wheels on it. When the weather warms up a bit here I'll be riding mine at least to the mailbox. Had the VW for 30 years now...don't drive it in the rain. My folks bought a new double cab VW in 62 and we camped alot in that....made it down as far as San Francisco before a piston blew. Came home on 3.
Have a good one!
Kryn

A few new adds...pedals, tires and a cool seat post. More pics in 'Custom'.... waiting for brake levers and a shifter.....

View attachment 1530399

Thought you might like to see my 1939 Monark Rocket Racer. the "Patina Monster". An insert along this line would look great on your bike. This one, Leather and black walnut. Thinking stainless steel, with stainless steal conduit loops for yours! Just a thought!😉

Last edited:
Thought you might like to see my 1939 Monark Rocket Racer. the "Patina Monster". An insert along this line would look great on your bike. This one, Leather and black walnut. Thinking stainless steel, with stainless steal conduit loops for yours! Just a thought!😉

View attachment 1531816

View attachment 1531817
Perfect! 'Patina Monster' is a rolling badass! Thanks for sharing that cool project....so I'm not that crazy! The leather loop straps are a great choice...and won't rattle! The aircraft style circular cutouts remind me of a wagon I pieced together from a navy rocket case....

61412073945__AD1CEAF5-084B-42EE-A873-166F711A160D.JPG

Back