When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not for sure what i have

-

cadillacbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
girls foremost 004.jpg
girls foremost 004.jpg
girls foremost 005.jpg
Picked this up on side of the rode. S\n R 6203970 And a B just below. Has double tubes on top. Thanks[ATACH=CONFIG]207128[/ATTCH]

Attachments

• girls foremost 003.jpg
    girls foremost 003.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 332
It's a '62 or '66 Ross. It's been theoried that the first two digits after the R are the year, others say just the first.

New to the board, browsing posts. This bike also looks very similar to my Murray Skybolt, which I believe is a 1971 model M15010X71525554. I found the info in a 1971 Murray Specials catalog scan at this site:

http://murrayeliminatormusclebikes.yuku.com/topic/127/1971-Murray-specials-catalog#.VkuAYK6rSis

Thanks for all the info on this board, very cool stuff.

-Linc

Welcome to the forum! They are similar designs, but only Murray had the long, pointy rear axle dropouts! well, from 1958-early 90s, when they moved production overseas.

Welcome to the forum! They are similar designs, but only Murray had the long, pointy rear axle dropouts! well, from 1958-early 90s, when they moved production overseas.
I have this bike and i was told it was a western flyer. I found a M on the front and was told it was a Murray and i looked it up and it looks like a murray skybolt.

murray bicycle.jpg

I had a Western Flyer cantilevered bike, the badge had "M.O.M" at the bottom, which I took to mean Murray Ohio Manufacturing, as well as a reminder of the person who would buy many of them for us. Mine was a late 50s or early 60s model as far as I could tell, with the chain guard that flared upward like a tailfin ala Cosmic Flyer and others and the handlebar grips were dimpled similar to Hunt-Wilde maybe. My mom built her up for me after I had my '95 Schwinn stolen for a few months (recovered) and Tempest was torn down waiting for paint and other things.
Kayleigh screen shot.jpg

I had a Western Flyer cantilevered bike, the badge had "M.O.M" at the bottom, which I took to mean Murray Ohio Manufacturing, as well as a reminder of the person who would buy many of them for us. Mine was a late 50s or early 60s model as far as I could tell, with the chain guard that flared upward like a tailfin ala Cosmic Flyer and others and the handlebar grips were dimpled similar to Hunt-Wilde maybe. My mom built her up for me after I had my '95 Schwinn stolen for a few months (recovered) and Tempest was torn down waiting for paint and other things.
View attachment 798811

The M is not part of the badge, It is on one of the forks and it is Imprinted. There is a Murray on here somewhere's that looks like mine.

View attachment 798811

The M is not part of the badge, It is on one of the forks and it is Imprinted. There is a Murray on here somewhere's that looks like mine.
I just found out it is a BF Goodrich. The serial number matches. The murrays and BF Goodriches looked alike except for the serial number. Im thankful i did find this site because thats where i found the serial number.

Back