When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not sure of the vintage- Bianchi 18 speed

-

thom

Look Ma, No Hands!
I just found this...
IMG_20210715_120055542_HDR.jpg
Sorry I couldn't get a good overall pic.
IMG_20210715_120134565.jpg
IMG_20210715_120106558_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210715_120522847.jpg
The serial number is 694517. Can anyone tell me the date of mfg? I did not ride it because the tires are flat but I spun the wheels and they are true. I'm thinking about it.

Phil Wood hubs! Appears to be mid 80s, generally speaking. Made in Italy, must be decentish. I have an '89 Bianchi in Celeste, Italian made. Great rider. This is prob worth $250-$300 as is. Not being celeste hurts but looks to be of decent quality.

What model is it? Tubing? Other components? That info would help.

If this is $5-$50 at Goodwill, looks like it is, grab it before someone else does!

-----

hello thom,

thank you for posting

me first impression is that it hails from te Piaggio period

appears to be merchandise at a thrift store or junque shop

images poor almost to the point of being valueless

appreciate that situation in store may make photos difficult - or they may be someone else's photos...

the Phil wheels certainly not original to the cycle

my date guess would be ~1984

-----

Yes, in my favorite local thrift store. Asking $100 but I'm a regular customer and can probably get it for a little less. A couple more pics...
IMG_20210715_120227500.jpg
front hub
IMG_20210715_120307993_HDR.jpg
front rim
IMG_20210715_120351717.jpg
rear rim
IMG_20210715_120055542_HDR.jpg
I believe the stand will be included in the price.

$100 or less would be a bargain. Does it fit you? What are your intentions with it? These used to be in decent demand but I think that’s softened over the last five years. Still, should make for a great rider.

-----

thanks very much for the additional pictures and information 😉

readers would likely be able to give more assistance with some drive side images...

-----

Definitely mid-eighties. Juvela says '84, but I'm gonna go one year later so that those aero brake levers can work their way down to that lower price point model. Would expect Modolo brakes (very good) and Ofmega crankset(perfect, quality copy of Campy unit). If Ofmega crank then would also expect original hubs to have been Ofmega as well. The few shots of the headtube suggest that the frame might be on the large size--approaching 60cm---if it fits, then yes to $100(minus what your charm gains you). If flipping, large bikes don't bring as much money--unless you find the tall guy who needs it.

Thanks, I believe the pics might be deceiving as to the frame size. I didn't notice the stand over height being very high. I went back today but the store closes earlier than I expected so I know nothing more.

Back