When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not sure what my bikes are worth

-
I'm no help, I always say whatever you get for them. But I think the Sears bikes are possibly worth more than the company by now, unfortunately.

Is that your VW? Great taste in cars as well!

I'm no help, I always say whatever you get for them. But I think the Sears bikes are possibly worth more than the company by now, unfortunately.

Is that your VW? Great taste in cars as well!
Yes it is my VW I'm currently in the process of completing restoring it.

Would those parts include the bumpers? As I recall the early 70's VW had some sort of reflector things on the bumper. Is it in a condition to drive now (not speaking about legality)?

Would those parts include the bumpers? As I recall the early 70's VW had some sort of reflector things on the bumper. Is it in a condition to drive now (not speaking about legality)?
The parts are actually from the bumper and blinkers, and I just got it in running condition.

Great. Watch the #3 cylinder exhaust valve adjustment. If that is not right, it can cause a lot of expense and inconvenience.

so pops never told you what the bikes were worth? Seems like he would have some insight.

here's a rough gauge on market values;

Boys Columbia 3-400 range
ladies Columbia 3-400 maybe a bit higher as a more deluxe model
Higgins is nice, condition is amazing..3-500..maybe a bit more to right buyer
Sears boys spaceliner my opinion 3-400 range....but they can go nuts occasionally to right buyer
Sears girls spaceliner 2-300 range

Above values are estimates based on what I have seen actual realized sales over the last few years...
keep collecting!
It's a great hobby!

Back