When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Noticed in photo of 1938 motorbike!

-
THIS IS WHY I HAVE STOPPED SELLING ON THIS WEBSITE....AND I AM DONE POSTING ANY COMMENTS OF ANY KIND ON THE CABE BECAUSE OF THE NONSENSE THAT GOES ON HERE.....ALL THE GOOD PEOPLE ON THIS SITE COME SEE ME ON EBAY.....ALL THE JOKERS DO NOT BOTHER!!!!!!

Last edited:
Anyone that feels the need to talk to a well respected long standing member and friend like that isn't welcome here.im sure everyone agrees.reminds me of that guy @cripple that is gone now.know it all that mouthed off to everyone for no reason.

Awesome photo, taken in 1938 by the Baird Photo Service. I am in contact with someone at the McHenry Museum there in Modesto to find out about the other photo(!) taken at the same time and possibly a newspaper article about the giveaway. Obviously not gonna happen until things get back to the new version of normal.

The awesome folks over there in Modesto sent me this additional photo and info about the giveaway bikes. Yes bikes - there were 10 given away, one every weekend for 10 weeks that summer. The odds seem very high that the bike from Placerville that @cyclingday fixed up is one of these 10.

ModestoMotorbikes.jpg

Last edited:
Back