When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOV. 3rd 2018 S.E. (Georgia) MEGA SWAP 4th EDITION "Pedal to the Metal" at the Dragstrip

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Great Show !
Thanks CCR Dave !! Great to meet you and Chuck and the rest of the gang (GO DAWGS !!!) Looking forward to March . .

Hello Pete! It was great to meet you and "Buddy", and have you be part of our 4th Edition of "Pedal to the Metal" !!
Thank you for the pictures...... and I will be posting about another 10 pics or so on Sunday, to this post.... I'm delirious at the moment
(been up since 4am) :astonished: ... Cheers! CCR Dave

Hello CABE'rs! Well .... another great day at the "Pedal-to-the-Metal" Swap Meet! Here are a group of pictures to enjoy >>>>
Thank you to all the CABE members who came out!! A special BIG "Hats Off" of appreciation to @Sprockets who met me there at 5:30 AM to help me set up the Signage and help direct participants into the 3 rows of about 10 per row Swap Meet attendees!! It was great to have @onecatahula (aka Pete) to join us for the 1st time! And we had the company of fellow friends and CABE'rs: @JOEL ,@Toysoldier , @DB ReTodd ,@deepsouth ......
The turn out was a bit shy of normal..... but there were at least 6-8 NEW Faces there.... but a few "regulars" who couldn't make it.
The BIG surprise ("Bonus") was a "Car-Guy" who sold an entire collection (truck & trailer-load) of 99% Schwinn stuff (Much was NOS!) which was once the private collection of Charley Adams who passed away a couple years ago. (Charley Adams owned Newnan Schwinn for many years which closed down in Newnan, GA in 1990) ....after Joel made the BIG purchase ...... he then offered TONS of deals to a bunch of us!!
Joel's van was loaded SO tight for the trip back to Alabama, that he couldn't fit a PENCIL into an open space into it.
Enjoy these photos I took .... (the "Sting RAT" ended up going home with me....thanks to @deepsouth ) in some dealing we did together....
CHEERS!! and NEXT "Pedal-to-the-Metal" is scheduled for 1st SAT in March 2019 !!!
P2M PIC 1 11.18.jpg

P2M PIC 2 11.18.jpg

P2M PIC 3 11.18.jpg

P2M PIC 4 11.18.jpg

P2M PIC 5 11.18.jpg

P2M PIC 6 11.18.jpg

P2M PIC 7 11.18.jpg

P2M PIC 8 11.18.jpg

P2M PIC 9 11.18.jpg

P2M PIC 9.1 11.18.jpg

P2M PIC 9.2 11.18.jpg

P2M PIC 9.3 11.18.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you had a great show Dave, sorry I couldn't be there.

No balloon tire bicycles anywhere... it's a very typical European style bike and appears from old photo's I found has not changed. I did discover a 20" with petrified tires and grips in a clothing boutique. She was kind enough to let me remove the cloths for a photo. I will post later. It's seems bicycles are a major source of transportation, for both young and old, they are everywhere!

See you at the next swap - Mike

Sorry for chiming in so late to this, but....

Thanks Dave for arranging this swap in conjunction with the NEGA swap. It's nice to have a semi-annual bike swap reasonably close.
And wow, thanks to Joel for buying that trailer load of stuff! There was one item I wanted off the trailer, and after I asked the seller about it, it was clear that I had overlooked the "must buy the entire lot" sign he had on the back of his truck. Well, I wound up with the one item I wanted (thanks for the deal on that!!), as well as a bunch of other stuff I hadn't seen earlier. After the deal was done and the trailer and truck started being unloaded, it was fun to watch (and participate in) the feeding frenzy! I helped strip down a few frames as Joel was loading up his van, and I had to wonder how on earth he was going to get everything in there.
I went home with way more than I had intended, but that's ok. I donated some of the bikes and parts to the local Trips For Kids bike co-op, and my kids got a couple "new" bikes too (meaning I got more projects to work on over the winter).
Looking forward to the one in the spring!
Jon

Back