When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now THIS is a hoard of bikes....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Believe it or not I was the very FIRST person to walk though this sale! Alone, no less. I walked out with absolutely NOTHING!

I saw it last week on C-list and almost raced down there, but got a tip from a friend not to waste the gas money...I wanted the sign that used to hang out in front of that place but I called the guy and he wouldn't sell it...
What a sad pile of metal and rubber....

Other than some rare items like the Rapido chopper, Columbia SS-5 (I think), Spaceliner tank, and couple BMX mags, the rest I'm sorry to say, is destined to be parted out (if we are lucky) or crushed...every last one. I can tell most of these are not older than the 60s and mostly from the 70s-90s, most are stripped clean, and they all have been sitting in that terrible environment for many decades. All piled up like a junkyard, too. Have you seen the algae or moss and rust on some of those bikes? What you see is only 20% of what really lies in there. I'm really merciful on Classics, but unless this place was REAL close to me, I wouldn't be interested, and then, I wouldn't pay a penny over $200. I can tell most of the wheels are totally smashed so there goes a good portion of the mess into the crusher anyhow.

RIP bikes.

EDIT: that was a Murray Chopper, not a Columbia.

Last edited:
I just read he is going to send off to the scrap yard soon, so I sent him an email about the Murray and Rapido choppers. Those are the only two in that whole mess I can see actually worth saving. It is a shame to see some nice parts go, but as I said, thats what most of these are...parts bikes.

Last edited:
Maybe some vintage tires, a couple of rims that the classic bmx guys love, and oddly enough I want that Roadmaster Nightshock. Saw some other ones but yea it mostly looks like a bunch of junk bikes. Not worth the drive or shipping for me though.

Maybe some vintage tires, a couple of rims that the classic bmx guys love, and oddly enough I want that Roadmaster Nightshock. Saw some other ones but yea it mostly looks like a bunch of junk bikes. Not worth the drive or shipping for me though.

I don't know what it is, but you and I both find those 80s and 90s mountain bikes interesting, the graphics do it for me. I have a 1992 Western Flyer Kodiak waiting on me. It was a scrap yard rescue.

Back