When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now what?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
K

Keyt427

So I posted about this trike a couple of weeks ago. I guess it's a combo of trikes that I found in my friend's old barn. Anyway, here's where I am so far after the first coat of paint. I put the before pics in an album in case anyone wants to see them. I'm curious, should I put stickers on it or just leave it painted? The previous sticker on the neck only said "G" on it, but they were a mess so they had to come off.

By the way, this is my very first time trying to refinish a bike of any kind! And as much as it pained my boyfriend, I did it all by myself! It was a hot mess but looks almost brand new now! I had to use hammered paint on the handlebars (unfortunately the pic doesn't show it well but it's cool!!) because they were the biggest mess even after hours of sanding!

Still looking for the red or white plastic bolt covers if anyone knows where I can get them!

So, stickers or leave it be?

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 45
  • Picture 043.jpg
    Picture 043.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:
What size(s) of axle end caps do you need? I'm figuring they're either 3/8" or 7/16" from the photos. I know I've seen them in black plastic around my area before. They could always be painted if black doesn't look right.

Personally, I like seeing the head decal replaced...gives the trike a finished look. Do a search for decals on this site because I know custom decals are made by at least one member here. Just need to have the artwork closely resembling the original decal to submit. Hand grips (w/streamers if for a girl), along with a bell, would also be nice finishing touches. There's usually a good selection of them on ebay and stores selling trikes and smaller bikes. A fresh coat of paint really made a big difference in the appearance!

Dave

caps

Are you measuring from the top or bottom? The bottom is 3/4! The top is 5/8. I can't find them anywhere around here! I have one more place to look.

As far as the decal, it wouldn't come off no matter what I did, so all I have to go by are the pics I took before I sanded and painted. Maybe I could just find something to match the paint. I already thought of the hand grips (it didn't have any) with streamers and maybe a bell.

Keyt

For the caps, the size would be determined by the diameter of the axle or pedal crank they will be attached to rather than the dimensions of the cap itself. I have some chrome plated caps in 1/4" and 3/8" (I think they are 3/8"...have to check this evening) axle sizes. If you want to use chrome while looking for original red plastic, and I have the size you need, I can drop four of them in the mail to you...no charge.

Oh, adding a small basket if fixed up for a little girl could dress it up, too.

Dave

Last edited:
Checked last night...I do have chrome plated axle caps in both 1/4" and 3/8" axle sizes.

Dave

caps

Aww you're sweet! Actually, I found the red ones! I don't know why I didn't think of looking on the Radio Flyer website til today! They're only $1.00! Plus they have the red handlebar grips with streamers for $2.36 and bell for $3.00! That's cheaper than anywhere else I've seen! I'm so geeked!!

Thanks for your help. I will post pics when I'm done! =)

Great! Thanks for the website tip! I'll have to keep them in mind if I need similar parts in the future. Glad you were able to find the parts you needed to finish the restoration. Look forward to seeing the finished trike. :)

Dave

Back